Dismiss Notice
Woodbarter has upgraded to HTTPS. Please see click here for all the details.

To Bee or not to Bee

Discussion in 'Kenbo's Chat Room' started by Nubsnstubs, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Nubsnstubs

Nubsnstubs Where is it??? Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    Jerry
    Last week after a trip into town, instead of going straight home I decided to further explore the BLM land near my house. Normally when I park my vehicle, I usually leave the phone in it. That day I took it just because I could. After exploring and deciding it would be worthwhile to get back there another day, I noticed that the Cylindropuntia Fulgida had some flowers. I've lived in Tucson 46 years and have never seen any or just never paid any attention to that particular Cholla. I got up real close for a good look, and noticed something round and yellow was moving inside the blossom. Grabbed my camera to get a picture, but the critter was camera shy. It was a bee and it flew off to another blossom. Every time the camera focused, it flew to another blossom before I could take it's picture. I tried 3 times to get a picture of that damned bee and couldn't, so took a few pictures of the flowers instead.
    The bee was totally covered with pollen. I was surprised it could still fly. 20190528_095947.jpg

The bee was in this next flower, and a couple more that didn't get their picture taken. There are a couple ants on the flower pod that isn't open yet next to the pod that is just starting to open. 20190528_095918.jpg

.............. Jerry (in Tucson)

20190528_095921.jpg

• Way Cool Way Cool x 6
Current Time: 8:28 AM