Dismiss Notice
Woodbarter has upgraded to HTTPS. Please see click here for all the details.

To Wood Barter Family- From Kevin's daughter

Discussion in 'Best Wishes' started by CodyCole24, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Don Ratcliff

Don Ratcliff Tinkering on something Full Member

First name:
    Don
    Abby,

On this site you and your family are royalty to us by extension of your dad. if there is anything any of you ever want to know about woodworking there will be a line of us to answer or help.

The person that has taught me the most about working wood did so with the understanding that should he be unable I would teach his grandson what he taught me. Kevin has brought together hundreds of people that would be honored to extend that same commitment to his family.

I'm sure we are all looking forward to your pictures. thank you for joining our group and seeing how many lives your dad touched. to some he might have looked like a guy laughing at his phone or monitor, but to us he was the reason we looked forward to laughing at our phones and monitors. he was our friend.

2. woodtickgreg

woodtickgreg scroll, flat, spin Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Greg
    Well said Don!

3. davduckman2010

davduckman2010 were ever you go-- there you are Full Member

First name:
    david
    abby I miss my dear friend and mentor . he always had everyones back always asking if I was ok when things got rough up here in my world. I am a better person for knowing your father . he and the long time brothers here morn with you . this is a very sad time for us also he was one great guy. -- duckman

Last edited: Nov 23, 2016
  4. Wildthings

Wildthings ASTROS 2017 WORLD CHAMPIONS Full Member

First name:
    Barry
    Well said Don!

5. kweinert

kweinert Member Full Member

First name:
    Ken
    And the 'Wax on, Wax off' would be on the cast iron surfaces. Can you see Greg balancing on one foot on top of the drill press?

6. SENC

SENC ... Full Member

First name:
    Henry
    I can't add anything to what has already been beautifully said, other than to comment that the eloquence and depth of memoirs and condolences from a bunch of otherwise crusty woodworkers (no offense intended fellow crusty woodworkers) is a great testimony it is to your dad's reach and impact.

In the days ahead, know you and your family remain in our thoughts and prayers.

7. woodtickgreg

woodtickgreg scroll, flat, spin Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Greg
    Funny.

8. brown down

brown down Member Full Member

First name:
    jeff
    I am so deeply sorry for your families loss! I know without a doubt he is already missed here. May he rest easy, I will miss his jokes and poking fun at everyone on here including himself!

9. David Van Asperen

David Van Asperen Member Full Member

First name:
    David
    Abby,
    Welcome to Wood Barter.
    I am sorry for your loss, but reading these posts, by people in all parts of this planet should show you why we all call this home.
    Your father was very insightful, he has a way of reaching each of us where we are and always being true to himself . talent ,wisdom and humor were some of the tools he used on this sight. I agree with Woodtickgreg, I am sure your Father will be pleased that those who love him so deeply are carrying on one of his passions with the tools he used.
    Thanks for joining us and sharing
    Dave

10. CodyCole24

CodyCole24 I love you Dad! Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    Cody Abby
    I am so touched by each of your messages! I am sad to say I don't know what is going to happen to woodbarter.com.... I truly wish my family and I could take this site over...but right now, it's hard and confusing times for us. We do not have any rights to it and I am just not sure what I could legally do. I do hope this site continues on as he would have wanted!! From what I have heard, there has been an offer and his wife is going to take it.... Idk what that is going to mean for the site but I am hoping whoever buys it will continue on just as he would have wanted it! I will continue to be a member! I would love to stay in contact with you all!

Thank you all again for your kind words! I have had bad days and good days so far, mostly good..but my dad would want me to continue living life with happiness joy and love.
    -Abby

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  11. CodyCole24

First name:
    Cody Abby
    Oh thank you so much for your kind words! I too texted him, just in hopes of a reply (although the I knew I would not get a actual text back) it just felt normal! We had started texting a lot. I was so happy when he finally got an iPhone and we could talk much more since it was easier for him to use. Anyway, I truly enjoy talking to each of you. I would love to get to know everyone of you. -Abby

12. CodyCole24

First name:
    Cody Abby
    Omg I am in tears right now! My brother, my husband, and I want nothing more than to go to his house and start working. We gave him so many ideas for what kind of wood work our generation would love... But unfortunately, my dad never got around to a will, and his wife is not going to be able to keep the business going, she is selling it! I am so emotional right now and I don't want to say too much on here. But I am not happy with how things are going at this point...it doesn't look good for us. However, I know my dad is still here, I feel him. And I believe he is going to make it happen somehow. I hope. -Abby

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
  13. JohnF

JohnF Member Full Member

First name:
    John
    Abby, hang tough. everything works out in the end. usually as it should.

14. CodyCole24

First name:
    Cody Abby
    Thank you! I truly believe that too!

15. CodyCole24

First name:
    Cody Abby