**Ended**Trade for Christmas present - eucalyptus burl, pink ivory, African blackwood, skunk pelt...

bhatleberg

Reaction score
First name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rocky, I didn't really expect offers on the skunk pelt - just figured it might draw a few eyeballs. But I have no plans for it - glad to trade if you or others have interest. It's in very good condition.

I hear that it's fashionable in some parts of society to refer to them as civets...

Echoashtoreth

Reaction score
First name
Sarah
Pics of the jujube (which is an asian fruit tree). There is only one teeny, tiny check - its a very dense wood

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

bhatleberg

Reaction score
First name
Brian
Looks interesting to me - let's do it! I will ship the Katalox Monday.

bhatleberg

Reaction score
First name
Brian
Echoashtoreth are sorting out trade details in pm, posting pic of all katalox I have to make sure we get everything clear.

IMAG1772.jpg

IMAG1773.jpg

IMAG1774.jpg

gman2431

Reaction score
First name
cody
For cut stuff that isn't checked horribly I only have 1.625 square call blanks. These are around 11 long and one is from a crotch area.

20181209_134452.jpg

20181209_134438.jpg

bhatleberg

Reaction score
First name
Brian
echoashtoreth and I have resolved the Katalox for jujube trade. I have sent the cut pieces and the burl on the right. Echoashtoreth will send the jujube and some huisache.

bhatleberg

Reaction score
First name
Brian
Gman, sending you a pm. Very interested in a trade, need to work out what you want as what I have.

Echoashtoreth

Reaction score
First name
Sarah
Sarah,

I have a few Ziziphus woods in my collection but do not have any Ziziphus jujuba. If you ever come across more, I'd be interested.
Mr Peet I will keep my eyes open but i sorta rescued that pc at a turners show knowing a diamond in the rough when i saw it....

tocws2002

Reaction score
First name
-jason
Actually, I might be interested in the skunk pelt if your are wanting to trade it.:scare3: Not sure I have any exotic burls to trade, but could maybe find something of interest. The skunk would be a great gift for the kids!:lol2:

-jason

bhatleberg

Reaction score
First name
Brian
Hey, sounds good to me, Jason - let me know what you'd like to trade!

Meanwhile, gman and I have been discussing a trade for some of his mountain mahogany. I told him I'd post a pic of some partridgewood - this is the Mexican caesalpina. Hard, dense, and acts really quite a lot like African blackwood.

bhatleberg

Reaction score
First name
Brian
Two spindles, basically 16 and 18", 1.625" square. Clipped the end 1/8" off to make sure they were clean - think they are. Last pic is a piece I was going to use and didn't to show how they clean up. Hard, heavy, and dense.

Let me know your thoughts.

IMAG1846.jpg

IMAG1847.jpg

IMAG1848.jpg

rocky1

Creator of Shavings and Sawdust!
Reaction score
First name
Rocky
Actually, I might be interested in the skunk pelt if your are wanting to trade it.:scare3: Not sure I have any exotic burls to trade, but could maybe find something of interest. The skunk would be a great gift for the kids!:lol2:

-jason

But, only after it found it's way into the in-law's garage, neighbor's flower bed, I could think of all sorts of fun to have with that thing.

bhatleberg

Reaction score
First name
Brian
Yeah, there are possibilities.

Willing to trade if you want.

tocws2002

Reaction score
First name
-jason
I'll dig through my stash and see what I can come up with, any particular sizes you prefer?

Thanks,

-jason

bhatleberg

Reaction score
First name
Brian
Tocws, I tend to get most interested in odd / unusual / rare. That said, I use a 9" blank a lot.

Bigrowdy, I take it you liked that little spindle. Nice stuff, isn't it? Not so much on the snakewood for me, though - apologies. I have only used it a little bit, but had a lot of trouble with cracking and wound up selling most of what I had.

Bigdrowdy1

Reaction score
First name
Rodney
No problem I will keep looking. Yes the spindle looks great along with the Tasmanian Blackwood but the ecu is awesome and thanks for the extra peanuts as well. I see so coffee grounds and epoxy on the Madrone blank.