Trade offer for a pen turner

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
I made some pen blanks from a cutoff of bubinga board that had exceptional figure, thought one of you pen turners might want to barter. The deal: I will send you these blanks, and you send me a finished pen made with a decent kit, no slimlines or other cheapies, with a gloss CA finish. From the right, black locust, DIW, 2 x cut DIW and the rest are bubinga, the shortest is about 4.5" and they go up from there. turned and sprayed lacquer on one to show finished look... any takers? if not I'll put em up for sale later...
20181210_173441.jpg

Bigdrowdy1

Reaction score
First name
Rodney
I will take you up on that Barry. Would probably be after holidays before I could turn though.

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
So.... what are you making with the rest of that bubinga board?

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So.... what are you making with the rest of that bubinga board?
Well, actually I only had a short piece left and Im using it for my wall art project, the rest of it I sliced into veneers and used for some small table tops years ago.

20181213_115852.jpg

Pharmacyguy-Jim

Reaction score
First name
Jerry
I made some pen blanks from a cutoff of bubinga board that had exceptional figure, thought one of you pen turners might want to barter. The deal: I will send you these blanks, and you send me a finished pen made with a decent kit, no slimlines or other cheapies, with a gloss CA finish. From the right, black locust, DIW, 2 x cut DIW and the rest are bubinga, the shortest is about 4.5" and they go up from there. turned and sprayed lacquer on one to show finished look... any takers? if not I'll put em up for sale later...
View attachment 156722
Just for my own edification what do you consider a "decent kit"?

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not familiar with all the kit models, but one that has a quality cartridge, something around the $10 ball park I suppose....