Dismiss Notice
Woodbarter has upgraded to HTTPS. Please see click here for all the details.

Two Stabilizing Chambers - 6" x 12"

Discussion in 'Woodworking-Related Items For Sale, Trade, or WTB' started by Sprung, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Sprung

Sprung Amateur Sawdust Maker Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    Matt
    I have two 6" inside diameter x 12" tall stabilizing chambers for sale. These were built by me as, when I was building some chambers for myself, the most economical way to purchase the 6" clear PVC was in a 5' length, which was longer than what I needed.

The one pictured is ready to go, the other one looks exactly the same and will be ready to go about the middle of next week - I'm waiting on delivery of a vacuum gauge and a couple more fittings to finish up the other lid.

The chambers are made with Schedule 40 Clear PVC, the bottoms are Schedule 40 PVC caps, and the lids are made from 1" thick PVC w/ a rubber gasket. The bottoms of these are domed, so you will need to build yourself a holder/stand to hold the chamber upright.

Each chamber is $165 + shipping. (A TurnTex chamber of the same size is $210 with a lead time of 4 to 6 weeks - these can ship this week.) I imagine UPS or FedEx will probably be the best way to ship.

@Mike Hill has first dibs since he had expressed interest previously.

(Vacuum gauge isn't reading 0 because there is a rubber nipple that needs to be cut off to vent the gauge and I haven't cut it so the oil doesn't leak out and run everywhere during shipping. It will zero out once the nipple has been cut.)

ChamberFS.jpg

Have also made a disc to help hold down the blanks in the chamber. It is made from the same PVC as the lid, just resawn to be thinner. It is not enough weight to hold down the blanks so you will need to find something on your own to add weight to hold the blanks down to keep them from floating. I have a bunch of 3/4"-16 tpi nuts that I use for weights. I asked Curtis a while ago if there were any metals that would have a reaction with Cactus Juice and he said you can use any metal you want for the weight.

Weight.jpg

While not pictured, each chamber will include about 5 or 6 feet of vacuum line with a quick connect fitting on the other end for attaching to your vacuum pump. To hook it up to your vacuum pump, you will need one of these fittings to go on the pump and then one of these fittings to go on that:

Fitting.jpg

If you need a vacuum pump, I have and recommend one of these. If you're not in a hurry, sign up for Zoro's e-mails - they send out 20% and 25% off coupons pretty frequently.

• Like Like x 2
    • Way Cool Way Cool x 2
  2. Schroedc

Schroedc Trying to kick a nasy sawdust habbit.... Staff Member Global Moderator Full Member

First name:
    Colin
    If he passes, I'd be interested in a deal for both of them, If he only wants one, then one would do :sarcastic:

I'm starting to run more small color batches and a little one or two would be great.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Sprung

First name:
    Matt
    So, we're coming full circle, eh? I bought my first chamber from you (still keeping and using it, even with the expansion in the number of chambers I'm running). And now you'll have at least one (maybe 2) from me. :sarcastic:

• Like Like x 2
    • +Karma +Karma x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Schroedc

Schroedc Trying to kick a nasy sawdust habbit.... Staff Member Global Moderator Full Member

First name:
    Colin
    I was planning to build a couple shorties but easier to buy ones already done, plus, I like you and have no problem giving you a little money for your time and work.

• +Karma +Karma x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Mike Hill

Mike Hill The Bard of Barbecue Full Member

First name:
    Mike
    OOOOOOWWWWWWWwwwwww - my arm's been twisted. I'll take one. Can't go overboard before I even start on this venture!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Sprung

First name:
    Matt
    @Mike Hill - I'm headed out for the day, but will PM you later.

@Schroedc - The other one is yours and I will PM you later as well.

7. Sprung

First name:
    Matt
    PMs will come tomorrow - The day's plans had me being home by 6PM. Got home shortly before 10PM...

8. Sprung

First name:
    Matt
    Going to bump this thread. I've got two of these 6" x 12" chambers available right now. They have both been used by me with some dyed resin, with about a half dozen uses on each chamber, but are both in great shape.

I'm going to be doing a little re-configuring of my setup in the next month or so and these will be surplus to my needs.

$165 each + shipping. When I shipped the one Mike bought above, ground shipping was about $30 to $35 for the one chamber.

9. Eric Rorabaugh

Eric Rorabaugh Diagnosed with addiction by my wife..wood hoarding Full Member

First name:
    Eric
    Man I wish I had the money. I have a pressure pot now and want to start stabilizing. Sucks to be poor!

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Bigdrowdy1

Bigdrowdy1 Member Full Member

First name:
    Rodney
    Matt pm coming your way
    Rodney

11. Sprung

First name:
    Matt
    Bump

• Like Like x 1
  12. The100road

The100road Member Full Member

First name:
    Stan
    • Like Like x 1
  13. cabomhn

cabomhn Member Full Member

First name:
    Matt
    Can't believe it is still available!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sprung

First name:
    Matt
    I've got two of them available, at that! The one in the original post sold, but I'm re-configuring my stabilizing setup and selling the two I had kept for myself as they will be surplus to my needs.

15. The100road

The100road Member Full Member

First name:
    Stan
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Bubby

Bubby Member Full Member

First name:
    Phillip
    @Sprung would you do a trade for exotic wood and burls, if one is still available?

17. Sprung

First name:
    Matt
    Phillip, both are still available. But, sorry, not interested in any trades right now.

18. Bubby

Bubby Member Full Member

First name:
    Phillip
    Darn! Hopefully I can sell some wood then lol... I did get the pressure pot and I got a nice pot made in Germany! I didn't want to try my luck with the harbor freight pot, like you said that they can blow up at anytime!

Thanks for your input with the pressure pot bud!

IMG_5907.PNG

IMG_5908.PNG

• Like Like x 2
Current Time: 10:39 PM