Dismiss Notice
Woodbarter has upgraded to HTTPS. Please see click here for all the details.

Useful Woods of the World VOl I & II - Support Your Forum!

Discussion in 'Useful Woods of The World' started by Kevin, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Kevin

Kevin Wood is good. Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Founding Member Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    Kevin
    If you have never donated but have wanted to, this is your chance to do so and get something worth every penny in return.

These books are very good books (I have had both for several years) that will be invaluable to your woodworking collection. Written by James H. Flynn and Charles D. Holder, both volumes A Guide to Useful Woods of the World, and volume II A Guide to More Useful Woods of the World retail at $45 and $30 respectively for a total of $75 + shipping.

But not here! For only $39.95 you can get BOTH books. I have 7 sets of books left at this price.

HOW TO ORDER: Just use the donate button for the amount of $39.95 or more (remember this is a donation) AND BE SURE TO MAKE A NOTE WHAT THE DONATION IS FOR.

Some phones etc. do not allow for a comment in the donation field of paypal. If that is the case, just follow up with a PM to me letting me know what the name on the PP account was that you used to buy your set.

Useful Woods I.jpg

Useful Woods II.jpg

• Way Cool Way Cool x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Schroedc

Schroedc Trying to kick a nasy sawdust habbit.... Staff Member Global Moderator Full Member

First name:
    Colin
    @Kevin - Is there a deadline date for the introductory price?

I'm thinking I want a set but my wife tells me I have to make some more money before I can buy them for some reason... :sorry:

3. Kevin

Kevin Wood is good. Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator Founding Member Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    Kevin
    I was thinking to keep the discounted price until the books start shipping in January.

4. duncsuss

duncsuss Trying to turn a little better each day Full Member

First name:
    Duncan
    Yay! Mine arrived, I'm going to have great fun with these books. I gave a quick glance at the "extra" articles in the second book -- they seem very interesting too.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kevin

First name:
    Kevin
    Tony your set went out today.

I only have 7 sets of these books left for immediate shipment so if anyone want a set ley me know.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bill Hatton

Bill Hatton Member Full Member

First name:
    Bill
    I will take a set

• Like Like x 1
  7. woodtickgreg

woodtickgreg scroll, flat, spin Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Greg
    These books are awesome! I read them cover to cover and still go back to them.:good2:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Tony

Tony Hardwood Enthusiast Staff Member Global Moderator Full Member

First name:
    Tony
    They are good resources, lot of great information in them. Tony

9. Kevin

First name:
    Kevin
    Bill did you receive your set safe & sound?

10. Kevin

First name:
    Kevin
    Yes they are still available. I just had a brain fart though that can include another member and get you the set of books for little of nothing. With all that exotic wood you have, you could put up a piece that you think is nice nice enough to pull in at least $40 of donation dough and I will send you a set of books, and some lucky member gets to make your donation for them but he gets a piece of awesome wood for his money. Sound fun?

If you'd rather just buy them outright that's perfectly fine just thought I'd throw it out there since the members love a good auction. If the piece doesn't pull $40 I will send you a set anyway. :hi:

11. Kevin

First name:
    Kevin
    It's up to you. Members auctions are 100% their own design and rules and creativity. Auctions are supposed to be fun so be your own boss and run it however you please. :good:

12. Kevin

First name:
    Kevin
    No hurry. PM your address and I will go ahead and mail them as I am printing labels and boxing wood as we speak.

13. Bill Hatton

Bill Hatton Member Full Member

First name:
    Bill
    Yes Kevin I got them great books Thanks

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
Current Time: 6:48 PM