Useful Woods of the World VOl I & II - Support Your Forum!

Kevin

Wood is good.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
If you have never donated but have wanted to, this is your chance to do so and get something worth every penny in return.

These books are very good books (I have had both for several years) that will be invaluable to your woodworking collection. Written by James H. Flynn and Charles D. Holder, both volumes A Guide to Useful Woods of the World, and volume II A Guide to More Useful Woods of the World retail at $45 and $30 respectively for a total of $75 + shipping.

But not here! For only $39.95 you can get BOTH books. I have 7 sets of books left at this price.

HOW TO ORDER: Just use the donate button for the amount of $39.95 or more (remember this is a donation) AND BE SURE TO MAKE A NOTE WHAT THE DONATION IS FOR.

Some phones etc. do not allow for a comment in the donation field of paypal. If that is the case, just follow up with a PM to me letting me know what the name on the PP account was that you used to buy your set.

Useful Woods I.jpg

Useful Woods II.jpg

Schroedc

Trying to kick a nasy sawdust habbit....
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Colin
@Kevin - Is there a deadline date for the introductory price?

I'm thinking I want a set but my wife tells me I have to make some more money before I can buy them for some reason... :sorry:

Kevin

Wood is good.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was thinking to keep the discounted price until the books start shipping in January.

duncsuss

Trying to turn a little better each day
Reaction score
First name
Duncan
Yay! Mine arrived, I'm going to have great fun with these books. I gave a quick glance at the "extra" articles in the second book -- they seem very interesting too.

Thanks!

Kevin

Wood is good.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Tony your set went out today.

I only have 7 sets of these books left for immediate shipment so if anyone want a set ley me know.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
These books are awesome! I read them cover to cover and still go back to them.:good2:

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
They are good resources, lot of great information in them. Tony

Kevin

Wood is good.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
@Kevin are these still available?
Yes they are still available. I just had a brain fart though that can include another member and get you the set of books for little of nothing. With all that exotic wood you have, you could put up a piece that you think is nice nice enough to pull in at least $40 of donation dough and I will send you a set of books, and some lucky member gets to make your donation for them but he gets a piece of awesome wood for his money. Sound fun?

If you'd rather just buy them outright that's perfectly fine just thought I'd throw it out there since the members love a good auction. If the piece doesn't pull $40 I will send you a set anyway. :hi:

Kevin

Wood is good.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
deal! Anything particular you would think the members would like?
It's up to you. Members auctions are 100% their own design and rules and creativity. Auctions are supposed to be fun so be your own boss and run it however you please. :good:

Kevin

Wood is good.
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
OK might take me a bit, heading out on a 3 day install tomorrow and might not get to it till this weekend.
No hurry. PM your address and I will go ahead and mail them as I am printing labels and boxing wood as we speak.