UTV sprayer

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
You can always put a different nozzle on it, if you can match the threads on the spray wand to a new nozzle/retaining nut.

I don't know what those little 12V pumps will take in regards to building higher pressures if you reduced flow too much at the nozzle.

I looked at the owners manual, and they do offer a pressure regulator/agitator kit for those sprayers. With that, flow is diverted to the tank agitator to regulate the pressure. Lowering the pressure would give you a little more control with the "all in one" nozzle.

rocky1

Creator of Shavings and Sawdust!
Reaction score
First name
Rocky
If you look at features and specifications... The pump automatically shuts off at 40 PSI. You really shouldn't be able to over-range and damage the pump, it's going to shut down before damage occurs. Tractor supply typically carries a wide range of sprayer nozzles for spray bars, but it appears their selection of spray wands may be a wee bit limited; only see 2 on line. Amazon has a wide selection however.

TimR

Sawdust Engineer
Reaction score
First name
Tim
The ability to bypass some flow back to tank sounds good but I didn’t see where your pump has applicable kit, @trc65 was it the one @Graybeard listed?
Looking thru manual for yours, it also didn’t come right out with recommendations on cleaning medium.
I recently got a 25 gal unit from Tractor Supply for weeds mostly but the guy there talked up benefits using a cleaner they carry. Didn’t come off like a selling job, but it’s better than just rinsing out with water alone.
5 gallons goes pretty quick, if you decide to go bigger, I’m quite happy with performance of mine.

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
The mention of the agitator kit was in the owners manual, didn't look to see if Northern actually sells one, or if part numbers for the kit matched his model number.

Cleaner is never a bad idea, but not really necessary unless you are routinely switching spraying herbicides with fungicides or insecticides or using different herbicides on different crops.

I usually only do a quick rinse of the tank and spray rinsate out on the gravel. Exceptions are when I'm spraying something like 2,4-D and then switching back to spraying a sensitive crop. Then I'll do a triple rinse.

Graybeard

Reaction score
First name
David
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you for the information guys, exactly what I was looking for. I only use this sprayer for herbicides and since it's in my UTV I can do much better than trying to carry a hand sprayer around the property and cemetery I take care of. I didn't catch the pressure cut off Rocky, thanks. That would make me think the pump will respond to any restriction in nozzles. We're heading to Oshkosh and they have a huge Fleet Farm that should be able to help me out.

rocky1

Creator of Shavings and Sawdust!
Reaction score
First name
Rocky
I've got tractor supply sprayer like that one David, and I know it shuts down automatically when you're not spraying. Flip the switch on and ride, spot spraying fence line, weeds in yard, around the ponds, and such. Knew it operated on line pressure as cause for looking specifically for that in specifications, just wasn't sure whether that one did, or what it might be set at. But, yes, you should be fine.

It may stop and start erratically if restricted to much, but I'd think you should be able to adjust that out of it. If I go to a fine mist on mine, it'll do that at times, open it up a little and it works fine.

I typically don't do anything but herbicides with mine, usually just rinse good with clean water, pump a few gallons through it, repeat, and call it good.

Tried the backpack, won't ever do that again. Don't recall what I was spraying, but it sprung a leak, and it wasn't pleasant down the crack of my ass.

Last edited:

Graybeard

Reaction score
First name
David
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Picked one up at a Fleet Farm and it works great. Thanks for all your help.