Veneer I Bought

Don Tener

Reaction score
First name
Donald
I picked up 11 rolls of veneer at an estate sale. I am new to this but I bought it because I want to refinish an old set of speakers I picked up. Later on I will be listing some for sale. Here are pics of some of it. I got 2 rolls of Brazilian Rosewood in it. I think that would make some nice looking speakers!

IMG_1682.JPG

IMG_1684.JPG

IMG_1686.JPG

IMG_1674.JPG

IMG_1680.JPG

IMG_1752.JPG

IMG_1758.JPG

IMG_1772.JPG

IMG_1647.JPG

IMG_1727.JPG

Don Tener

Reaction score
First name
Donald
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have some burled ash and another type of burled wood that looks similar to the ash but no pics of that right now. Plus some black walnut. I really got some nice stuff.

IMG_1782.JPG

IMG_1690.JPG

IMG_1692.JPG

IMG_1694.JPG

Don Tener

Reaction score
First name
Donald
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Beautiful stuff. Nice bookmatching even. Looking forward to seeing your speaker build.
Yes there are an average of 12 sheets on each roll with 11 rolls. Each roll is at least 1 1/2 foot wide some 2 foot and all are 8 foot long. I got about 28 sheets of white 1/4 sawn oak alone that is 2 foot wide. All from the estate of a 90 year old gentleman who passed away. From what I can tell he owned this stuff for along time. I think it won't be to hard to flatted it with an iron or something similar.

JR Parks

Reaction score
First name
Jim
DO NOT. I repeat DO NOT look at the veneer wood section. Birds eye zebrawood as an example. Don’t ask me how I know

JR Parks

Reaction score
First name
Jim
Don on the link I sent left hand side alphabetical listing of raw wood veneer. I feel like I am contributing to the delinquency of someone

JLTibbetts

Reaction score
First name
James
There is a world of information on the site, but if you have a question email Joe and he is always happy to answer. Sometimes the answer will be IDK, but you'll always get an honest reply that isn't trying to sell you something. Great guy to deal with and learn from.
P.S. You have been warned !! Don't go near that site if your credit cards are within arms reach !!