Vertex click pencils

Bob Ireland

Reaction score
First name
Bob
nice pencils. What do you think of the pencil mechanism in these? I'm still looking for a good pencil kit.

Patrude

Reaction score
First name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
nice pencils. What do you think of the pencil mechanism in these? I'm still looking for a good pencil kit.
I've done ok with the mechanism with this kit. Going by my own experience I'm using a pencil I did up a couple years ago, still doing what it needs to do. I did, however, have one request for a replacement mechanism.

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck

Patrude

Reaction score
First name
Rich
I like how this kit presents too. Just has good pencil looks. Nicely turned and finished

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Wow. Rich, I just realised I haven't commented on your set of pencils. Nicely done. I like the colors. What is the dark one on the left?

Patrude

Reaction score
First name
Rich
I'm pretty sure that's a Rhino Plastics "blueberry pickin" blank I got at Beartooth woods. These Rhino blanks can be difficult as I find them to be brittle. I make sure to ease the edges before turning which helps. I've used really sharp hss tools on them with varied success but the best tools for me turning these are carbide.In spite of the extra care I like the Rhino blanks. They're 7/8" and they finish up nicely

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Aha. I'm not a fan of the rhino blanks. I love their colors, but they are way too "chippy."

Patrude

Reaction score
First name
Rich
They do cause me to sing out with some questionable lyrics now and then :pieface: