Walnut burl

Courtland

Reaction score
First name
Courtland
Hey guys I just got some walnut burl from my family and one came from my old roommate in Oregon. It is too much for me to use my self so if you are interested let me know. I will cut to whatever you want. I just had to pay shipping so I don’t need to make that much back. The first one is about 2500 pounds and the second one is 2300 I also have a small 400 pound burl as well. If you want big pieces I will do 3 dollars a pound. If you want pen blanks say 4 bucks a blank. So that kinda gives you a idea of what I want. I am open to offers and if shipping isn’t crazy I can shop for free! Weight is whiteout the trunk.

691D1FE0-6343-453E-BB53-AB0EDF184223.jpeg

4CC060BB-5500-4E9E-83B4-73336C7C3806.jpeg

Diver Temple

Reaction score
First name
Mo
Courtland, you are a blessed man. My bank account just had a seizure as I started imagining a large hollow form, but a quick question: are they green or dry?

Thank you.
~Mo

Courtland

Reaction score
First name
Courtland
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They are wet. You know what the first thing I’m gonna make from it is a large hollow form! We should both turn one and compare!

Maverick

Reaction score
First name
John
Would love to see pics once you cut into those beasts. What do you think a couple of peppermill size pieces would run? Say around 3x3x12?

TXMoon

Reaction score
First name
Kevin
oh shoot yea, I'll take some. 8-10" x 8-10" x 3" (what ever will fit in a large flat rate box) bowl blank. Not sure what that will weigh but I am game.

Last edited:

Courtland

Reaction score
First name
Courtland
pepper mill 30$
Ok tell me how many you want me to cut and I will send them the exact size of a large flat rate box. Before I send I will picture and weigh and send total. Please pm me.

Steve in VA

Reaction score
First name
Steve
I might be interested in a platter sized blank as well. 12" +/- and 2.5" +/- thick? No clue what that would weigh or the price, but it's very tempting to try!!!

Courtland

Reaction score
First name
Courtland
I would say if you wanted that size I can do it for 60 bucks shipped. And if it is more then I would just bite the bullet. I would think it would wiegh maybe 15 pounds and 25 bucks to ship but that is just a guess.

Steve in VA

Reaction score
First name
Steve
I would say if you wanted that size I can do it for 60 bucks shipped. And if it is more then I would just bite the bullet. I would think it would wiegh maybe 15 pounds and 25 bucks to ship but that is just a guess.
Thanks Courtland!

I had no idea it would weigh that much. That's a bit rich for me so I think I'll have to practice on some less expensive wood for the time being. Good luck, that's a great haul and I'm looking forward to seeing the beautiful pieces that come from it all!

Adam T Dickson

Reaction score
First name
Adam
Hi, Courtland. Once you cut 'er open, could you please share some pics. I would be interested in some, same as Steve (say, 12x12x3) and perhaps some 3x3x12 or 4x4x12. Again, depending on what it looks like (that would determine if and how large I would want to go).

Courtland

Reaction score
First name
Courtland
Yes I will do that. I do have a full time job so I will try and get stuff out as soon as I can but it might be like a week until I get started cutting due to work.

Maverick

Reaction score
First name
John
I am going to have to pass this time around. When you start posting pictures, I might have a moment of weakness. Thanks,

gman2431

Reaction score
First name
cody
I would be interested to see a piece that fills a LFRB and cost when ya get to cutting!

Diver Temple

Reaction score
First name
Mo
They are wet. You know what the first thing I’m gonna make from it is a large hollow form! We should both turn one and compare!
Well I don't want to waste too much good burl, let me know what it would cost for an 8X8X12. I would go larger but I'm afraid that would just be a waste of nice wood. :haggle::saw:

Courtland

Reaction score
First name
Courtland
I am hoping I can start cutting on Thursday and can ship out in evening that day but don’t want to get anyone’s hopes up but for sure by the weekend stuff will get sent out I think

Mike Hill

The Bard of Barbecue
Reaction score
First name
Mike
I'm in for a 12x12x2 and a couple of pairs of knife scales - and maybe a couple in 4x4x3 or so.

Last edited:

GeorgeS

Reaction score
First name
George
Id like to drive up and see you when you start cutting things up. As @Chris S. said Id be interested in some caps and slabs.