Walnut near Aurora, Missouri

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
Anyone live near Aurora, Missouri? I was talking to Neils Methiasen (owner of The Classic Nib/Arizona Silhouette) at the show. He was telling me about having a bunch of walnut that was timbered on his farm. He said there was some big stuff leftover. I asked what he was wanting for it. He said free, he just wants it gone. Thought I'd post here if anyone is close to him. Here's his business card. Just tell him Eric from Hidden Valley Woods told you about the walnut and you're interested.

17102020464578993715092191336601.jpg

17102020729303032925281352960361.jpg

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No. We were trying a while back to get it going but couldn't. Unless someone has figured it out since

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
Does the map for WB members still work?
I don't know what you guys are saying here as when I want to see where someone is from, I just click on the "location" stated in the persons info the left side of the message. Am I delirious or is that something that is not working for you? If I'm not understanding the problem here, please correct me. .................. Nubs

Eric Rorabaugh

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Eric
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
At one time you could look at the map and scroll round and it showed anyone that had added their information. That way you could go to an area and see everyone around it. Yes you can see it on their about page

Izak

Reaction score
First name
Isaac
Nice, the guy in Carlton has 10' wide. Hurts my back to just look at them
10' wide black walnut?!! Is there such a thing out there? Would be a wonder to see a picture even, but to work some of it would be hard on my back and whatever got between the slab and the sawhorse as it came down. That might be enough motivation to set up a slab handler of some sort (maybe the high school football team could get their strength training in by remaining on site to flip the slab when needed).

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
10' wide black walnut?!! Is there such a thing out there? Would be a wonder to see a picture even, but to work some of it would be hard on my back and whatever got between the slab and the sawhorse as it came down. That might be enough motivation to set up a slab handler of some sort (maybe the high school football team could get their strength training in by remaining on site to flip the slab when needed).
Guy in basket is not a midget.

Screenshot_20210515-095446_Chrome.jpg

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
It's kind of sad to me when I see a big ancient tree like that reach the end of its days. That thing had to be hundreds of years old, right?