• A New Photo Gallery Has Been Added!!! Please share pictures of your finished projects in the New Photo Gallery for everyone to enjoy browsing. The New Photo Gallery is for FINISHED PROJECTS ONLY!! The New Photo Gallery section was created to give people a place to view photos without having to read through all the threads. Enjoy everyone and please contribute!

Waste Veneer Sheets?

Sirfishalot

Reaction score
First name
Jay
Are there specific veneers that are super cheap that can be used for waste sheets in creating Marquetry?
That is which can be used as non needed backgrpound/surrounding area for a smaller veneer piece that is sandwiched in a stack to keep all the layers a uniform thickness if that makes sense?

Thanks,
JayT

phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
I can sell you incredibly cheap inexpensive veneer if you want

Last edited:

phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
@Sirfishalot everything is 12.5" long and various widths. I can provide maple and walnut at 10 cents a sqft, possibly less, if you buy a box that is 14" x 14" x 6" (it won't be jam packed but it will be quite full). Slightly more for smaller amounts. I'll have to weigh one of the boxes to see what it is a sqft. I may also have oak in that quantity.