Wecheer Flex Shaft Tool

Graybeard

Reaction score
First name
David
I see Woodcraft has the Wecheer flex shaft tool on sale. With my birthday discount it looks promising. I understand the Wecheer will use Foredom hand pieces. I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that and/or has experience with the Wecheer unit?

TimR

Sawdust Engineer
Reaction score
First name
Tim
Sounds like what I have, pretty sure they are standard across various makes. I swapped my Wecheer for the cheap version that came with a Harbor Freight rotary. Same disconnect to cable. I have a Foredom but haven’t used yet, but pretty sure compatible.

Graybeard

Reaction score
First name
David
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Fifty bucks sounds like a much better deal. I'll only use it occasionally anyway. Makes more sense to start with that since all the hand pieces interchange. Tim, any reason you switched your Wecheer for the HF? Did the Wecheer give out on you?

TimR

Sawdust Engineer
Reaction score
First name
Tim
Oh apologies, what I meant was that I switched out the harbor freight model for the Weechet. The Weecher had collets whereas the HF was a cheap drill type holder.

Graybeard

Reaction score
First name
David
After I reread your post I see I misunderstood. Thanks for getting back to me.

Graybeard

Reaction score
First name
David
I tried it out and used a carbide burr I'd used on a Dremel. So much easier to control with the slower speed.

Can anyone recommend a good quality carbide burr? I'm not interested in an assortment, rather just buy them as I need them. I've gotten too many sets of tools etc. to find I don't use many of them.

jasonb

Sawdust = man glitter
Reaction score
First name
Jason
I dont really carve much but have used the Saburr Tooth Carbide Burr - 1/8 inch Shank and been happy with them.

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
I tried it out and used a carbide burr I'd used on a Dremel. So much easier to control with the slower speed.

Can anyone recommend a good quality carbide burr? I'm not interested in an assortment, rather just buy them as I need them. I've gotten too many sets of tools etc. to find I don't use many of them.

I’ve got saber tooth and kutzall burrs that I’ve used for years with good success.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
All but 4 of em. :good2:

Full disclosure, I have a grandson who likes me to make stuff. Odd stuff. So I have used most of em trying to carve stuff. Some are good, some not so much for me, though. Other projects like modding models and hot wheels the smaller ones should come in handy.

jasonb

Sawdust = man glitter
Reaction score
First name
Jason
All but 4 of em. :good2:

Full disclosure, I have a grandson who likes me to make stuff. Odd stuff. So I have used most of em trying to carve stuff. Some are good, some not so much for me, though. Other projects like modding models and hot wheels the smaller ones should come in handy.
Nice! I just bought a box full of assorted bits off FB from a retired gunsmith, dont think I get around to using 1/2 of em.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Nice! I just bought a box full of assorted bits off FB from a retired gunsmith, dont think I get around to using 1/2 of em.

Did you carve the item in your avatar? Or is that cnc?

David Hill

I collect & use Texas woods---but prefer Mesquite.
Reaction score
Cuero, Texas--Not far from the Third Coast
First name
David
I have the Wecheer. I really like it and it uses all the dremel bits that I buy. Beats heck out of trying to hold a Dremel in positions.
Recently had to replace the shaft (wore it out I guess)--was easy to do.