ENDED: Weeping Cherry interface

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
So Frank reminded me to sell stuff, so here is a piece that has been sitting on the floor in the van for 6 months. It is a piece of 'Weeping cherry', taken at the interface where the top graft, Prunus subhirtella, is grafted to Prunus avium. There are lots of small branches and likely some included bark. It just fits in a Medium Flat Rate box. See the graft union on the cut side?

It is about 3.5" thick at high point, a bit rounded and would be an interesting hybrid blank. Also included is a knot ring found with drift wood of the shore of Lake Wallenpaupack this week. Knot ring is 6.5" at widest point and 2.5" high / thick. The rest of the box will be packed with something, depending on the buyer's likes.

$12 bucks plus shipping.
@Barb @barry richardson

006.JPG 004.JPG 002.JPG 001.JPG

ScoutDog

Reaction score
First name
JB
Hi Mr. Peet:
What an interesting piece! If it's not alredy promised to any of the three WB celebrities mentioned in your post, I would like to claim it.
Please PM me with PayPal details if that's your preferred method. Oh, and shipping costs, too. :-)
Thanks!
--JB

Edit: Claim them, and they are both interesting pieces. Thanks again!

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Mr. Peet:
What an interesting piece! If it's not alredy promised to any of the three WB celebrities mentioned in your post, I would like to claim it.
Please PM me with PayPal details if that's your preferred method. Oh, and shipping costs, too. :-)
Thanks!
--JB

Not promised. I don't have PayPal, and not sure what USPS medium rate is, but think around $15.50 So if you can still scribble out a check and do snail mail you are good. Will need to know what small craft you do to see if I have appropriate packing.

ScoutDog

Reaction score
First name
JB
Music to my (wood) ears!
Yes, I can scribble a check and stuff an envelope. Now, do I have a stamp?...
Oh, I heard the USPS just raised their rates, though I do not know what the newer rate might be for that box.
PM on the way; we can discuss.
Thanks!

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Music to my (wood) ears!
Yes, I can scribble a check and stuff an envelope. Now, do I have a stamp?...
Oh, I heard the USPS just raised their rates, though I do not know what the newer rate might be for that box.
PM on the way; we can discuss.
Thanks!
Do you have forever stamps? If so, you are covered! Chuck

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
Hi Mr. Peet:
Thanks!
--JB

I was not mentioned as a turner. Only reminded him because he read an intro thread. ( even tho he didn't respond to the intro) :taunt:

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
JB was wondering about an upgrade, so....here is salt cedar burl, gifted to me from a WB member that I would re-gift too you. It is 7.5" long and 3" high 002.JPG 001.JPG
Grey birch lignotuber (burl) wedge, cracks, 8" long and 3" x 3". Never really see it offered anywhere so think it is worth at least $10 or so.
003.JPG 004.JPG
Then have a few burl cut offs and these 'Bitternut hickory' galls as filler. They are good for hybrid blanks. Sometimes works best to do a second casting with them to fill in voids after it is worked a bit.
005.JPG

I had the galls listed on here before but nobody wanted them. So if you want to upgrade to the large USPS box let me know. If not, likewise. If you stay with the medium, I can still use some of the galls as peanuts if you like.

ScoutDog

Reaction score
First name
JB
Thank you for thinking of me!
The Salt Cedar and Grey Birch burls look right up my alley, and would be a welcomed upgrade to the Large FRB.
Unfortunately, as I am not (yet?) into stabilizing or casting, the little galls would be wasted on me. Better perhaps to save those for someone more into the resin action.
So, check my math, please: $12 for cherry interface & knot ring, $10 for grey birch & salt cedar, and $22.65 for LFRB, rounds up to $50? ;-) (Don't you just love WB math sometimes?!?)
Thank you!

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Thank you for thinking of me!
The Salt Cedar and Grey Birch burls look right up my alley, and would be a welcomed upgrade to the Large FRB.
Unfortunately, as I am not (yet?) into stabilizing or casting, the little galls would be wasted on me. Better perhaps to save those for someone more into the resin action.
So, check my math, please: $12 for cherry interface & knot ring, $10 for grey birch & salt cedar, and $22.65 for LFRB, rounds up to $50? ;-) (Don't you just love WB math sometimes?!?)
Thank you!
That math works out. Do you turn eggs, pens or stoppers? Need to figure what else works well as packing.

ScoutDog

Reaction score
First name
JB
Mark:
I appreciate the consideration! I like natural edged things, but I'm not picky. What's native to NE PA?
I'm a carver, too, so anything like cherry or walnut would be fun. Off the beaten path is also interesting.
You can surprise me. :-) Thanks!

ScoutDog

Reaction score
First name
JB
Received as promised, and even better than than described! Thank you kindly, Mr. Peet.
Check is written and will soon be in the mail. :-)