Wet/Dry Vac tool storage

jjy7322

Reaction score
First name
Jeremiah
All,
I am struggling to come up with a good way to store the attachments and wands in the workshop. Any creative ideas out there? Pics greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance...

rocky1

Creator of Shavings and Sawdust!
Reaction score
First name
Rocky
:ponder: I could name names, but I'm gonna be nice this morning and not say a word!!! :cowboy:

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
I've never seen a good storage system for all of that kind of crap. I threw most of the attachments away for that very reason...

jjy7322

Reaction score
First name
Jeremiah
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Right now, I just throw my attachments in a short file cabinet, but it is setting my OCD alarms off.

rocky1

Reaction score
First name
Rocky
How many attachments? Could you drill a 1x6 to accept 1" or 1 1/4" dowel and hang it neatly in a corner on the wall? Or, beneath a work bench?

jjy7322

Reaction score
First name
Jeremiah
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would have to count. I have a mix between 1 1/4, 1 7/8 and 2 1/2 attachments. Good suggestion about the dowel rods though.

rocky1

Reaction score
First name
Rocky
If you have that many to deal with it might be easier to do a small piece of pegboard with the long(er) hooks. Weight isn't an issue, they could be bent up a little to help hold them on there, and assortment pack of the long hooks should have 2 - 3 different sizes for the different attachments. While I'm not a big fan of pegboard there was a bunch in my shop when I took it over, and I've certainly made use of it as much as possible. Kinda handy in a lot of cases!

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
I could post up a pic of how I keep my shop nice and tidy, but I don't want anyone else to keel over from fright. However, I keep all my attachments in the box they came in along with other attachments from other vacs on top of my cabinet storage.

Wildthings

ASTROS 2019 WORLD CHAMPION VIDEO PLAYERS
Reaction score
First name
Barry
Here's a sketchup I made of the one I am building as we speak. Plan to put the nozzles and such in the drawer @Tony

upload_2017-1-1_20-24-57.png

Last edited: