What a difference the wood makes

David Van Asperen

Reaction score
First name
David
image.jpeg Hope this. Is easier on the neckI cut the "In For A Landing" pattern again This is cut on a piece of ash not the duck wood as I had previously used. Please check and compare with the previous cutting. What a difference the wood makes
I may have to purchase a few logs from @davduckman2010 just so I have his wonderful maple for wildlife cuttings image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Last edited:

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Is it just on my end or all the pictures oriented vertically? Hurts my neck.

David Van Asperen

Reaction score
First name
David
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Kevin my fault for the pictures being that direction. I will make a effort to not do them that way again , I do not know how to change it here so may need to take a new pic the other direction. It hurts my neck as well sorry about that. I added a different picture hope it is easier on our necks.

Last edited:

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
@Kevin my fault for the pictures being that direction. I will make a effort to not do them that way again , I do not know how to change it here so may need to take a new pic the other direction. It hurts my neck as well sorry about that. I added a different picture hope it is easier on our necks.

David your work is worth a little neck pain! I just wasn't sure if it were just my end or not. Let me know if you need any help. Orientation has to happen before upload.

But I don't want the discussion to detract from the thread. PM or let's talk on the telly if you need any help. :ok:

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
David, maple is one of my favorite woods for scrolling, soft maple is really cool too! Some woods are just to hard and prone to splintering or chipping, too brittle.

NeilYeag

Reaction score
First name
Neil
I always admire this kind of work. No idea how one can have so much patience to do this. Outstanding!