• Woodbarter Hats Are Available!!! Scroll down on the main page to the Member Activities & Site Support, Then click on Wood Barter SCHWAG and go to the topic Woodbarter Hats 2022 to order your hat. There's only a limited quanity, so don't wait to get yours.

What did you do in your shop today?

William Tanner

Reaction score
First name
Bill
Started the next lighthouse. Don't have it totally planned out yet but I'm giving myself until the end of next April for completion. This is butternut for the column, which will be 26.5 inches. I could have done a glue up I suppose but I've had this butternut looking at me since November 2019. Need to finish a platter and will then start spinning the column.

Butternut for column.jpeg

JerseyHighlander

Reaction score
First name
Kyle
Started the next lighthouse. Don't have it totally planned out yet but I'm giving myself until the end of next April for completion. This is butternut for the column, which will be 26.5 inches. I could have done a glue up I suppose but I've had this butternut looking at me since November 2019. Need to finish a platter and will then start spinning the column.

View attachment 226787
That's a sweet hunk O Butternut. Can't wait to see it in the works.

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
Adopted brother came up for the evening and wanted something to do. He recently visited home goods and saw what strange prices were on candle holders there. So he sanded and sealed this piece of rose of sharon and laid out the candle positions. I drilled then he looked up the Latin word for hope. 16525768977735062307867218909432.jpg
This brother is 24 going on 9. He will never be on his own but he sure has a great imagination and (of course I am partial) he seems to have a decent design eye.

Tom Smart

Reaction score
First name
Tom
Getting a jump start on charcuterie boards for the fall/winter craft season.

E8CE5834-BD2A-4A2B-9039-F1C303770959.jpeg

I got the 4/4 walnut slab for free. And folks buy these for $100+. Not a bad ROI, since they are not as time intensive as an end grain cutting board.

20080CF3-837A-4188-84D8-0548850A1886.jpeg

Any easy free form shape to take best advantage of the board so, not much waste. And even that goes to the wood stove next heating season.

6413EF3A-D5AB-40FF-9334-4B533C5F52F7.jpeg

Last edited:

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck

View attachment 226868

I got the 4/4 walnut slab for free. And folks buy these for $100+. Not a bad ROI, since they are not as time intensive as an end grain cutting board.

View attachment 226870

Any easy free form shaping to take best advantage of the board so much gets wasted. And even that goes to the wood stove next heating season.

View attachment 226869
Looks like they are easy to make! Please continue pics through to completion. Chuck

Gdurfey

Reaction score
First name
Garry

View attachment 226868

View attachment 226870

Any easy free form shape to take best advantage of the board so, not much waste. And even that goes to the wood stove next heating season.

View attachment 226869
Once I get the shop up I have a similar board to do the same with. And my idea was to do handles like yours to limit waste.

Love them!!!