What do you do with cutoffs?

Ray D

Reaction score
First name
Ray
All of mine go in a box for when the grandkids come over. They love going into the shop to “make” something. Lol. The little guy loves to glue them together and his older brother likes to design things with them. Either way, they get used up in creative ways.

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
Constantly tripping over them, whether in a box or lying randomly on the floor........ Jerry (in Tucson)

Karda

Reaction score
First name
Mike
Jerry don't you have a wood stove. A friend of my wife has a fire pit in his back yard, thats where mine go

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
Mike, I live in Arizona. . I would rather cook with natural gas unless it's bbq time, but my winter stash usually builds up for next winter, and so on. I don't burn a lot of wood. It's too hot most of the time, and when it's cold, it's not long enough spells to burn my stash. As a confirmed wood whoreder, I just can't toss it. But, it's getting to be a fire hazard, so something has to be done...... Jerry (in Tucson)

Karda

Reaction score
First name
Mike
I hear ya I have a problem like that but not as bad, I'm not getting wood. I still don't like to throw away wood though

FranklinWorkshops

Reaction score
First name
Larry
As I've mentioned before, I have an artist customer in NYC who buys scrap from me to make wall art. He ordered two large boxes from me last night and mentioned in his email that he has been accepted in three galleries for upcoming shows. Since January, he's bought 14 boxes of scrap wood. He sent me these photos of his latest work. There is a market, folks, for art like this.

My Drawing #7 (2).jpg

My Drawing #8 (6).jpg

FranklinWorkshops

Reaction score
First name
Larry
they are nice, he does good work
Maybe it's just me but I think they are like aerial views of the city. And many species of wood that most city folks will not often see are included. Something very organic and natural about it. But I do admit it had to grow on me. He is a native of S Korea and works for a high-priced cosmetics company in the city.