What is this?

Patrude

Reaction score
First name
Rich
Hi folks. I've had this pearched on my shop wall for years and I have no idea what it was used for. I 've kept it because it is such a curious tool. Anybody have an idea what it is for? Thanks.about 7. 3/4" long. The blade is 1 and 3/4" wide. Resembles the angle of a chisel. The guide is brass. Thanks for your suggestions, Rich

phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Hi folks. I've had this pearched on my shop wall for years and I have no idea what it was used for. I 've kept it because it is such a curious tool. Anybody have an idea what it is for? Thanks.about 7. 3/4" long. The blade is 1 and 3/4" wide. Resembles the angle of a chisel. The guide is brass. Thanks for your suggestions, Rich
Obviously it's a whatchamacallit.

phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Paul - At 7-3/4" long with a blade at 1-3/4" wide, it can't be a whatchamacallit. The brass guide and measurements clearly indicate it's a thingamajig!
Hm ... well, maybe.

phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
OK, @Patrude, I'm confident that it's a whatchamacallit but there IS a remote possibility that it is a thingamajig. I'm pretty sure it's not a doohickey or a thingamabob but the only way we can tell for sure is, you are going to have to post pictures of it.

Last edited:

Patrude

Reaction score
First name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know I messes up. Bear with me, I am clutsie around the phone

Bigg081

Connoisseur of Man Glitter
Reaction score
First name
Shane
I suggest you send it to me.... I will take a few photos and post them for you. Only catch is, I get to keep it.

Willing to do this for you because: 1) I am an extremely kind and helpful individual. 2) Sounds like a hand plane and I love ALL hand planes! :yipee:

Patrude

Reaction score
First name
Rich
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I got the most difficult time sending pictures. My lack of skills with electronics is most embarrassing