What's going on?

larry C

Reaction score
First name
Larry
I had several photos post in my latest post "Latest from my shop", they appears for at leat a couple weeks, now, they have dissappeared, except for several "XXXXX", accross the bottom of the post......can anyone tell me what happened?
I really don't think I did anything to piss anyone off, but I suppose it is possible.....

I would appreciate an answer

Larry

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Larry, I'm not sure what happened, it hasn't been edited by a Moderator. Have you tried re-uploading them?

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
I'll check when I get home in the house. Im out practicing throwing the ball with my grandson getting him ready for little league. man its chilly out....may be in sokner than later....

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Ok. I just looked at your posts. What happened is the pictures you loaded up were not loaded directly to the forum. You must have used a third party server, Google. So where ever you have those pictures hosted need to be uploaded directly here using the upload a file button at the bottom of the post box. This the main reason we do not allow hosting pictures here. (it's actually in the rules)
When I looked at your pictures file, I saw this,
https:// .lh3.googleusercontent.com/3ClhQdnQKwSOLl4YtE8N_jvUnNwcgR3lPAJzEysLaeVrZ-pOU_n4CzcYLHh-pSa4qWHc6dQWTuntdRa7-kOIo2l1IskhiCNC6MWUadT1pBAuGAXgBS5bnquFbHG-px_GGbbwoc6IPzUx_YO1klMRGv4wmLaP2VdIeldprZyFhCmoive_uEY3oJ8EGeXXATfsuMU5jixCd3xqczdtD8qA9Kuix7WcTsrb77XbfkI0Dk-2cyPA7bmFgyQIejK0ascuTCKkKD3Cx9xVuLea7r7Sot167zEw1LpENfD7uYdCTh8ghagnlsJnZQhP6RSSoJufk_RjDDT6BjfpzySJwHS4YItsjrp7CXmjmlApBVzKolcWW5Y4MwP5I8UVwTjY1v24Vx0p8J7lW6eELCk74P8G6xwusZLYN0E7fWFyRVMLLS4OgvTXsAlIVKb4mBzY0KaMxHAk0oOXzrXpeNlHXHhc_s9I1yXm8afAoVNCmgs2cpHYKI7WnPoL2IQ5wN4OJD38RWPplWuUyn4YAtDE7-Sw_JScwC8niWK4gwbLMcpXUO4HSACdONgyZPjm9i2qwGq7VPhj4NvdaFPcDLy7f3q1tiVnMFcX846CXU7mOjj5GeCTVULPiV7fZtIN1XQ20w16C39H4skBVwklOwk_851q7jcxUIxCOm-mJ2PGK4WtOpvcft-HtbsK1Mg=w1545-h869-no

So, the pictures are there, they are just not supported by the forum software...

So, let me know if you know how to load em up here, either from your pc or your phone. If you have trouble, I'll walk ya through it.

Last edited:

larry C

Reaction score
First name
Larry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok. I just looked at your posts. What happened is the pictures you loaded up were not loaded directly to the forum. You must have used a third party server, Google. So where ever you have those pictures hosted need to be uploaded directly here using the upload a file button at the bottom of the post box. This the main reason we do not allow hosting pictures here. (it's actually in the rules)
When I looked at your pictures file, I saw this,
https:// .lh3.googleusercontent.com/3ClhQdnQKwSOLl4YtE8N_jvUnNwcgR3lPAJzEysLaeVrZ-pOU_n4CzcYLHh-pSa4qWHc6dQWTuntdRa7-kOIo2l1IskhiCNC6MWUadT1pBAuGAXgBS5bnquFbHG-px_GGbbwoc6IPzUx_YO1klMRGv4wmLaP2VdIeldprZyFhCmoive_uEY3oJ8EGeXXATfsuMU5jixCd3xqczdtD8qA9Kuix7WcTsrb77XbfkI0Dk-2cyPA7bmFgyQIejK0ascuTCKkKD3Cx9xVuLea7r7Sot167zEw1LpENfD7uYdCTh8ghagnlsJnZQhP6RSSoJufk_RjDDT6BjfpzySJwHS4YItsjrp7CXmjmlApBVzKolcWW5Y4MwP5I8UVwTjY1v24Vx0p8J7lW6eELCk74P8G6xwusZLYN0E7fWFyRVMLLS4OgvTXsAlIVKb4mBzY0KaMxHAk0oOXzrXpeNlHXHhc_s9I1yXm8afAoVNCmgs2cpHYKI7WnPoL2IQ5wN4OJD38RWPplWuUyn4YAtDE7-Sw_JScwC8niWK4gwbLMcpXUO4HSACdONgyZPjm9i2qwGq7VPhj4NvdaFPcDLy7f3q1tiVnMFcX846CXU7mOjj5GeCTVULPiV7fZtIN1XQ20w16C39H4skBVwklOwk_851q7jcxUIxCOm-mJ2PGK4WtOpvcft-HtbsK1Mg=w1545-h869-no

So, the pictures are there, they are just not supported by the forum software...

So, let me know if you know how to load em up here, either from your pc or your phone. If you have trouble, I'll walk ya through it.

OK, then I think I know what happened, I copied and pasted them from Google photos where I store my pictures. I've done this before and never had a problem. So if I understand correctly, I need to load them into a file other than Google, then upload from thre into my post?

The past that puzzled me was they were on thre until this weekend.

Let me know, thanks
Larry

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
Yes. The photos need to be loaded directly to the site.

I’m not sure why it’s a problem now if it hasn’t been in the past, but it’s possible that we’ve had a software update or something that altered the space time continuum.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
The past that puzzled me was they were on thre until this weekend.
When you close the browser It may have signed you out, sort of. not sure of the technical term, but when that happens it turns off the viewing mode.

larry C

Reaction score
First name
Larry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes. The photos need to be loaded directly to the site.

I’m not sure why it’s a problem now if it hasn’t been in the past, but it’s possible that we’ve had a software update or something that altered the space time continuum.

Thanks, Doc, bear with me, I'm just an old geezer, tryin' to get along in this hiigh tech stuff
Larry

Paul Hammond

Reaction score
First name
Paul
I've posted a link to outside because the "insert image" thingy asks for a URL. I had no idea it was a two-step process. Why not make it a one-step process like on another forum where when I click on "insert image", it lets me upload it right then and there?

After I upload it, how do I find out it's URL?

Last edited:

Paul Hammond

Reaction score
First name
Paul
I figured it out. (but I don't know why the photo appears twice)
djtable004a-jpg.188265

DJTable004a.jpg

Last edited:

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
I've posted a link to outside because the "insert image" thingy asks for a URL. I had no idea it was a two-step process. Why not make it a one-step process like on another forum where when I click on "insert image", it lets me upload it right then and there?

After I upload it, how do I find out it's URL?

That particular option should have been removed but I haven't time to figure out where i edit the software to do so.
The problem with using it, if the picture is removed or permissions removed, then the picture does not appear here anymore and then we end up seeing an X in a box where the picture should show.
If you save the picture you want to post to your phone/tablet/ipad or pc, then upload it using the upload file button option below the post box, then you can go back and delete it from your phone/tablet/ipad or pc, it will still show up because its uploaded directly here.
As for the double posted picture, I'll look into that.

Paul Hammond

Reaction score
First name
Paul
I think I understand what happened now. "Upload file" not only uploads a file, but also displays it. I didn't know that, so I also linked it with the "insert image" command. That's why it is shown twice. As I now understand it "Upload file" does all I need.

Thanks,
-Paul