Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Gotta do the garage roof this year, so I ordered a red ripper to do the tearoff.
20210501_193515.jpg

Ed D.

Reaction score
First name
Ed
The wood was purchased from a Russian vendor, and it's Maple, so I assume it's Russian Maple :yipee:BTW, it took almost 4 months to get here.

Mr. Peet

Reaction score
First name
Mark
The wood was purchased from a Russian vendor, and it's Maple, so I assume it's Russian Maple :yipee:BTW, it took almost 4 months to get here.
Ok, I was wondering. I see Box elder burl is a common import to Russia. Wonder if that is it. Russia has lots of Birches and Fir trees, but don't recall any maples...

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
A new saw deserves new blades. I ordered full kerf Freud blades because they are stiffer and won't require a stabilizer now that I have the power to run them. Blades at the big box stores are all thin kerf Diablo, cheaper but not what I wanted.
20210516_092758.jpg
And since I'll be building a new outfeed table for the saw I picked up some real nice heavy duty adjustable feet and mounts. I want adjustment on the table to adjust for an uneven floor and to get the height just right.
20210516_093021.jpg
I went the easy route and found everything on Amazon. I had a gift card from Christmas so that helped on the blades.

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
!!!! I count that stack at 7 high by at least 15 wide. Let's see...seven times five, carry the three, that's something like 105 blanks. You making pens for the US Army or something? Nice burls tho.

T. Ben

Reaction score
First name
Troy
!!!! I count that stack at 7 high by at least 15 wide. Let's see...seven times five, carry the three, that's something like 105 blanks. You making pens for the US Army or something? Nice burls tho.
For all his woodbarter friends that DON'T make fun of him being an old timer.:sofa:

Gdurfey

Reaction score
First name
Garry
Not exactly wood related, but the wife’s Rubicon has a blown shock. Nothing like crawling under a vehicle on a holiday. Oh, new box for Hazel.......

36980A81-43BA-4BF8-91F7-A6BC55044389.jpeg

6C7821D7-3B32-4E5C-8FA0-5E999C4AC5F0.jpeg