Which one would you like to be gifted?

Jonkou

Reaction score
First name
John
Memorial Day is a big deal here in the lakes region and is the start of our summer tourist season, these will be waiting for them.
me, blue dyed maple (pics cant show what the eye sees). Let us know your favorite.

42335BCC-7DED-4A20-9C85-FCF4D6F56F38.jpeg 33483499-531B-4B95-AFD3-0F57AEA0913E.jpeg 14EB98C0-7A06-4300-9BD4-1F36B3416A98.jpeg 96CC4980-D834-494B-B64C-9036A54C0FFF.jpeg A3B3D2B0-022B-4BE6-BCC2-59066E012DF0.jpeg
A3A3A697-49C0-4378-9FE7-45FDCB0A4EC4.jpeg

Last edited:

Arn213

craM de la craM # RipJack City!
Reaction score
First name
Arn
The most unique and fashionably appealing that highlights exquisite technique is the “red-violet”piece that shimmers and radiates like silk taffeta. That particular one is on a “league of it’s own”.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
I like the green one, but I also really like the blm burl.

Last edited:

Jonkou

Reaction score
First name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Agree Arn, difficult to do but worth the effort. Too bad my camera can’t see what I do.

Arn213

craM de la craM # RipJack City!
Reaction score
First name
Arn
Agree Arn, difficult to do but worth the effort. Too bad my camera can’t see what I do.
I know John and the results says it all!

Why don’t you just put a poll up for us to vote on which one stands out/be gifted? Just mark each one digitally with numbers or letters for piece reference.

Last edited:

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
Visual stand out will likely be the blue/ red/ violet maple. I am personally intrigued by the mulberry burl mainly because I have never run up on a piece finished out and then professionally presented where I could see several views of it. But if I were buying for my wife... yeah. You might want to write down the sequence for the "silk taffeta " you may be getting orders for that one...

Jonkou

Reaction score
First name
John
J looks much better in person than the pic shows too, the background is gold with black grain lines. Need to build a photo box to better capture the assets of each piece.

Last edited:

Greenacres2

Reaction score
First name
Earl
I'm J, which is out of character for me--i usually gravitate toward light colored natural burls (as in D--Big Leaf Maple)

phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Personally, I loath dyed wood, so I'd avoid those and take either the mulberry or the curly maple. I realize not everyone hates dyed wood so they might sell better.

Jonkou

Reaction score
First name
John
Personally, I loath dyed wood, so I'd avoid those and take either the mulberry or the curly maple. I realize not everyone hates dyed wood so they might sell better.
The dyed ones have been selling on par with the natural ones. Good thing for me is the material used to turn the dyed ones is plentiful, bad thing is takes longer to make because of the dying process. Doesn’t matter in the end it’s all good, provides a variety for our customers.

Jonkou

Reaction score
First name
John
I’d like to be gifted the figure white oak please. Mighty nice gesture for you to gift these out. 😁
If they are a gift, I would be proud of any of them. Knowing the the skill and time involved is enough for me. Good luck with them.

Thread title references the gallery they are sold at has been voted by the general public numerous times and is the reigning “best place to buy a gift” in the lakes region. We have the coveted privilege of using the “best of” logo for marketing the entire year.

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
I'd take the oak burl over the mulberry only as I know the beautiful yellow will change over time. From the picture, I'd choose the green over the blue, but may very well change my mind looking at them in person.