Wood carving Knife

bamafatboy

Reaction score
First name
keith
I have a Casse xx Seahorse whittler that I need sharpened for carving. I have been whittling for a long time and have done some carving (simple) and want to do some more, since the weather is too cold to be in the shop. I am willing to either pay someone or can trade a nice pen for this service. anyone up for the challange? I just spent my funds on a spoon carving knife and should have it by the end of this week. I really like the shape of the main blade on the seahorse, but I know it needs to be made thinner for carving. Thanks, Keith.

I hope that this is the right place for this thread, if not feel free to move it.

Last edited by a moderator:

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
I moved it...

Can you post pics of what your blades look like at the moment, so whomever might be interested can see what shape they are in, and give you an honest opinion...

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Maybe Scott would wanna try?
@NYWoodturner

Not trying to throw ya under the bus bro...

NYWoodturner

Wood Spinner
Reaction score
First name
Scott
@bamafatboy Keith- when you say "Need to be made thinner" are you talking about re-grinding the blade or just lowering the angle on the edge? If its the latter I can help you. I don't know what time frame your looking at, but if you get it in the mail today I will have it by the weekend and can turn it around Monday morning. Im out of town all of next week so if I don't have it by Saturday it wouldn't be back to you for a couple of weeks.
PM me if that works for you.

bamafatboy

Reaction score
First name
keith
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey Scott, thanks for the reply, I just want it sharpened for whittling and carving. So if that means lowering the edge that is what I need done. I can put it in the mail to you on Thursday, of this week. Then you can get to it when you have a chance. Pm your address and details please. Thanks Marc, for your help.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
No problem Keith. You're welcome.

and thanks for replying Scott.

spaz

Reaction score
First name
Marty
Hey Keith. I do the same thing and move inside for the winter, and I also carve. Did you happen to grab a deepwoodventures spoon carver?
Now on the sharpening, I wish you luck. I am guessing you strop. Good luck!