Wood rings

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
I made my wife and I's wedding bands, used 2 piece stainless steel cores from Bangle Guy. not too difficult, except for the CA finish part, that always gives me fits...

Rustburger

Reaction score
First name
James
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I made my wife and I's wedding bands, used 2 piece stainless steel cores from Bangle Guy. not too difficult, except for the CA finish part, that always gives me fits...
Yeah, I have a friend who is getting married next month and has asked me to make one. I am not overly impressed with the solid wood ones from a long term durability aspect but the two piece ring cores seem to be a good compromise between a factory made one and handmade with good long term durability.

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
I’ve done titanium and stainless cores from bangle guy. They’re pretty straight forward.

I haven’t found a finish that will really hold up to frequent hand washing, but they’re easy to refinish.

Lou Currier

Reaction score
First name
Lou
I’ve done titanium and stainless cores from bangle guy. They’re pretty straight forward.

I haven’t found a finish that will really hold up to frequent hand washing, but they’re easy to refinish.
Doc, have you ever tried the UV finish?

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
Doc, have you ever tried the UV finish?
That’s one that I haven’t tried, but I’ve thought about buying some for fishing lures at some point... if I do, I’ll try it on a ring.

T. Ben

Reaction score
First name
Troy
I have used the two piece stainless,one piece stainless and titanium and have used the ceramic. I like the ceramic because its black,but have had good luck with all of them. I get mine from ring supplies and craft supplies.