Dismiss Notice
Woodbarter has upgraded to HTTPS. Please see click here for all the details.

Wood Shop

Discussion in 'Wood For Sale' started by Bill Hatton, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Bill Hatton

Bill Hatton Member Full Member Thread Starter

First name:
    Bill
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Lou Currier

Lou Currier Member Full Member

First name:
    Lou
    Going to be hard to sell as a lot but you never know who has an extra 10 grand in their pocket :whatever:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mike1950

Mike1950 Founding Member Founding Member Full Member

First name:
    Mike
    Real hard!!

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Sprung

Sprung Amateur Sawdust Maker Full Member

First name:
    Matt
    Maybe it's just me, but I'm having a little trouble seeing that all being worth $10k. There are some nice machines in there, but also some cheaper ones - a good portion of the tools pictured can be had on the used market for not a lot of money.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. HistoryPens

HistoryPens Member Full Member

First name:
    Jerry
    I feel like you are right on this @Sprung. Seems a little pricey.

6. tocws2002

tocws2002 Member Full Member

First name:
    -jason
    It's always going to be difficult to sell an entire shop as a package, unless it's priced such that someone can buy it all, keep what they want, and resell the rest without losing money. If it's someone new to woodworking, they probably don't have $10k to drop on a whole shop, or, if they do, are probably going to buy new. If it's an experienced woodworker, they probably have many of the tools already and don't need a whole shop.

I'm seeing the pictures on my phone so they are small, but I don't see $10k worth, not anywhere close. I wish him the best in the sale and hope I don't ever have to try to sell my whole shop at one time.

-jason

7. Eric Rorabaugh

Eric Rorabaugh Member Full Member

First name:
    Eric
    Matt said EXACTLY what I was thinking

8. Herb G.

Herb G. Member Full Member

First name:
    Herb
    Is there another room full of gold bars that I'm not seeing?
    I don't see anything worth anything near $10K.
    All those old nailers & hand tools can be bought at a pawn shop for $5-$10 each.
    The ad lister speaks of a $4000 table saw, I didn't see it.
    I'd like to know what they were drinking or smoking to think all that old junk would cost $50K
    brand new.
    Maybe they've been out in the Sun too long.
    And, for a "cabinet shop" I don't see anything to make cabinets with.
    No wood stock pile, just a bunch of old spray paint cans sitting on a wobbly looking shelf.

Maybe that's it. They've been inhaling spray paint so long, it's affected their minds.
    :rofl::unknown:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Echoashtoreth

Echoashtoreth Member Full Member

First name:
    Sarah
    And the stuff produced to sell can be done in most craft rooms - no woodcraft needed

10. rocky1

rocky1 Creator of Shavings and Sawdust! Full Member

First name:
    Rocky
    I'm with the rest of you guys, hard as I try, I just really don't see $10,000 worth of tools there, let alone $10,000 worth of used tools. And, there definitely isn't $50,000 worth of tools there, not even new at today's price, on corrupt e-bay and Amazon stores.

Few items there that look suspect as well; like maybe all of the sanders. In my experience, usually when someone 81 years old has 6-8 sanders, it's because 5 of them are worn out/broken and they refuse to throw the damn things away. I can almost see the multiple routers, one appears to be fixed the other's a plunge router, and the brad nailers, and assorted sizes of crown staplers, to an extent, but even there I have to wonder if some are weak, failing, in need of repair, as cause for having that many in what appears to be a hobbyist's shop.

Want to say this has been RELISTED on Craigslist several times, and this "shop package" has been for sale for quite some time now. If I recall correctly, I sent @Spinartist the link several months ago; it's not far from his shop.

11. Ken Martin

Ken Martin Member Full Member

First name:
    Ken
    I went an estate auction of a wood tradesman. He could make anything. There was one guy who kept buying all the big ticket items - large bolted down tablesaw, 30” planer, routers and bits, band daw, drum sander, and a bunch of other stuff. I asked him what was up and he said his son made his living in woodworking and was moving home to MS fromWA. It was easier to sell there and buy here than to move it. He would have bought the whole shop and stock if they’d have let him. Never know who is in the market.

12. Spinartist

Spinartist Member Full Member

First name:
    Lee

Hour n Half north of me. Not worth the trip

• Like Like x 2
Current Time: 8:15 PM