♫ εηdεd ♫ .WTB: Cocobolo

Darren Young

Reaction score
First name
Darren
I am always in search of a good deal on Cocobolo for plane totes and knobs. For knobs I use 2"x2" turning blanks, typically in 18" lengths.

For totes I need 5/4, around 1 1/4" rough or 15/16" finish planed. Minimum of 5" tall and whatever length is possible.

I currently have several suppliers I purchase through but if you have some available, ping me.

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
@El Guapo Oh Handsome One are you still selling any or have you put the Kabosh on it? I'm hanging on to all of mine. Sure not going to sell it for less than he's buying elsewhere ... this good stuff is too hard to come by.

Darren Young

Reaction score
First name
Darren
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@El Guapo Oh Handsome One are you still selling any or have you put the Kabosh on it? I'm hanging on to all of mine. Sure not going to sell it for less than he's buying elsewhere ... this good stuff is too hard to come by.
Nope, it's not cheap by ANY definition.

Darren Young

Reaction score
First name
Darren
I was just thinking, I have offcuts from making totes that can be used for pen making, I should list them... Have some ebony that's too small for totes as well as Bolivian rosewood.

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
I was just thinking, I have offcuts from making totes that can be used for pen making, I should list them... Have some ebony that's too small for totes as well as Bolivian rosewood.

Definitely.

El Guapo

Reaction score
First name
Andrew
Thanks for the tag, Kevin! I have some spindles that might be that large, but I'll have to look. Give me a few days to get something posted... This week is a bit hectic!

Darren Young

Reaction score
First name
Darren
Thanks for the tag, Kevin! I have some spindles that might be that large, but I'll have to look. Give me a few days to get something posted... This week is a bit hectic!
No hurry, I have enough for a couple more plane knobs right now.

gvwp

Reaction score
First name
David
I have a few 2" square stock. Most are actually off square but most measure at least 2" on one side.

Last edited:

brown down

Reaction score
First name
jeff
I have two blocks of the stuff that I don't want to get rid of but at the end of the day I need to because I am allergic to the stuff! they are prob 2-3 in thick and prob 5-6 square if you are interested I will post pics. they are sealed in wax and by no means will I unseal them lol my throat swells up and have a very hard time breathing!

El Guapo

Reaction score
First name
Andrew
I checked my coco stash last night and I am embarrassingly low on cocobolo right now! I don't think I have anything that will fit the bill for what you need, but it looks like David has you hooked up already anyway!

Darren Young

Reaction score
First name
Darren
I checked my coco stash last night and I am embarrassingly low on cocobolo right now! I don't think I have anything that will fit the bill for what you need, but it looks like David has you hooked up already anyway!
Thank for checking, if you come across any you want to part with feel free to ping me. I restore enough planes every year that I use a fairly constant flow of it.

I do use other rosewoods as well, same dimensions. Chechen, Bolivian, Honduras, etc.

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Thank for checking, if you come across any you want to part with feel free to ping me. I restore enough planes every year that I use a fairly constant flow of it.

I do use other rosewoods as well, same dimensions. Chechen, Bolivian, Honduras, etc.

I haven't seen him lately, but @WoodLove had some Chechen. Tony