WTB: Hollowing Tool + Free Trent Bosch Tool Demo on 2/25

Steve in VA

Reaction score
First name
Steve
I'm starting to try my hand at hollowing and am looking for a hook / swan neck hollowing tool, preferably a John Jordan or Trent Bosch, but am open to others. Ideally it would be a 1/2" or 5/8" tool, but again I'm open if you have one you're willing to let go. I thought I'd check here to see if anyone has one they're not using any more before I buy one of the above.

In addition, Trent Bosch is having a free tool demo on Thursday 2/25. I'd imagine it will be more of a pitch on his tools vs. a hollowing demo, but I'll be joining nonetheless. You can sign up here if interested:

Bean_counter

Reaction score
First name
Michael
Hey Steve I can vouch for the John Jordan’s they are good tools. I know that’s what you are looking before but I do have a medium and larger sorby hollowing tools if you’re interested. Both are swan necks and I may even have the straight tool as well. If interested I can post some pics

Steve in VA

Reaction score
First name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey Steve I can vouch for the John Jordan’s they are good tools. I know that’s what you are looking before but I do have a medium and larger sorby hollowing tools if you’re interested. Both are swan necks and I may even have the straight tool as well. If interested I can post some pics

Thanks very much Michael! While I'm not familiar with the Sorby hollowing tools, I'd definitely be interested in taking a look. I have a Sorby bowl gouge I love. I'll send you a PM; thanks again!

Steve in VA

Reaction score
First name
Steve
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd be interested if this does not work out

Michael @Bean_counter and I had a great conversation over the phone this evening and he helped me a lot. I really appreciate everyone on the site being so generous with their time and willingness to share, and it was great making another personal connection as well.

I'm going to pass on the Sorby tools though so feel free to reach out about them.

Joker9

Surprize, AZ
Reaction score
First name
Peter
I have the staright one. Is the swan neck the Hollowmaster or part of the Swan neck hollowing set?