♪♫ εηdεd ♫♪ WTB - Pen making supplies

Woodworking Vet

Reaction score
First name
Damon
I have enjoyed turning stoppers and now enjoy bowls and hollow forms. I've never turned a pen though and have lots of pen blanks. If anyone has pen making equipment such as kits, press, drill vice or whatever that you are no longer using please let me know. I would be happy to see if we can work something out. Thanks.

Schroedc

Still making sawdust, Maybe make some money....
Reaction score
First name
Colin

Woodworking Vet

Reaction score
First name
Damon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Colin, thank you for your offer but I'm on a pretty limited budget and I think right now I want to see if I can get a mandrel and some bushings and kits first, or a whole setup. I would hate to buy a vice and then not find anything else. I hope you understand. It looks like Stan is interested though.

Woodworking Vet

Reaction score
First name
Damon
Hi Mike, since I've never turned a pen I really don't have any preference to pen kits. I'm hoping I can find someone that is selling a mandrel, bushings, and a kit or two as a whole set. I have some blanks here to practice on and a few blanks at the Vet's Garage that are available to me as well. I just don't have anything else to make a pen.

Bean_counter

Reaction score
First name
Michael
Hi Mike, since I've never turned a pen I really don't have any preference to pen kits. I'm hoping I can find someone that is selling a mandrel, bushings, and a kit or two as a whole set. I have some blanks here to practice on and a few blanks at the Vet's Garage that are available to me as well. I just don't have anything else to make a pen.

I don't have a mandrel since I turn between centers. Any chance you gave a 60 degree live and a 60 degree dead center? Turning pens between center is much more enjoyable. I have plenty of kits just not a mandrel or bushings

Woodworking Vet

Reaction score
First name
Damon
I have a 60 degree live center, I could probably make a dead center out of hardwood for the time being. Bushings look cheap enough as it is. What kind of kits do you have?

Bean_counter

Reaction score
First name
Michael
@Woodworking Vet

David sorry I lost track of this thread. I have plenty of cigars, slim lines, and sierras we can make a deal with. Have other kits also if you find something you'd like to try