3rd Bowl - Spalted Maple (is the 3rd time really a charm?)

Jolie0708

Reaction score
First name
Jolie
This one I believe had been my biggest challenge to overcome. Alot punky on two sides, but followed some advice of some of yall and got me some wood hardener at the store, it helped alot. So I was able to finish what I needed & could do on it. So for a large bowl I'm happy with it, I can see progress, I think I need to venture to diff shapes. I feel a little limited yet till I can get me a decent size bowl gouge, but that still won't stop me. Finished it with my first attempt making OB shine juice. Need input/ info on good food safe bowl finishes. Thank Ya'll! 20210426_223808.jpg

Gdurfey

Reaction score
First name
Garry
I have used “general finishes” salad bowl finish on a few pieces and like it. I also have food grade mineral oil I have used on cutting boards.

Gorgeous bowl!!!!!!

Barb

Reaction score
First name
Barbara
I also use General Finishes salad bowl finish and like it a lot but they changed the named to wood bowl finish. Mahoney's walnut oil and Odie's oil are good food safe finishes as well. They don't create a shine like general finishes but they're easy for someone to reapply at a later date when needed if you give your bowls away or sell them.