A few boxes I made last week

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
Dropped these off at the trophy shop on Luke AFB yesterday, I make a few most weeks and they sell them in the shop, a nice side gig...
boxes.jpg

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Such a great niche service you provide to Vets! You really have making these down to a science! Chuck

Mike Hill

Board Whoarder
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Had to chastise one of the girls at the office last week. She "bought" a box and did not allow me the honor of making one for her husband's flag.

wombat

Reaction score
First name
walter
They look interesting, but I can't figure out what they would be used for??

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
When a military veteran dies here in the US, if the survivor requests it, they receive a military burial. It may include a full honor guard, 21 gun salute, and afterwards, the flag that drapes the coffin is carefully folded and presented to the survivor. Usually several of the brass rounds are also recovered and presented along with the flag. The fold pattern for the flag results in a triangular shape. These boxes Barry makes are designed for those flags. If the box has additional space it's so the survivor can mount unit badges, medals, rank insignia, photos, etc. They are quite impressive when done tastefully.

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They look interesting, but I can't figure out what they would be used for??
Mostly shadow boxes to hold military memorabilia, The triangle is where a folded flag is placed. The long one is for a presentation sword, here is an example of something similar, with stuff mounted, I pulled off the web...
1635459727306.png

whitewaterjay

Reaction score
First name
Jason
Those look awesome Barry. Those miters are not easy on those flag cases. I spent a lot of time trying to get my grandpa's flag case dialed in. I wish it looked as good these do!