Another Holey Game Box

JR Custom Calls

Gobble Gobble
Reaction score
First name
Jonathan
That's insane. You really have to be doing something to rip the box up like that... and your other one was beyond accidental.

Tclem

Can't buy love. Buy wood instead
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Everybody. If you are sending tom a package. Do not. He tears them up. Send them to me and I will take good care of them

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
These boxes are sorted mechanically- I am sure that the PO loves our policy if it fits it ships making the boxes heavy and not square is probably hard on the machinery. I am sure they would rather our wood stayed in boxes- I doubt wood loose in sorting machinery is a good thing!!!!!

Schroedc

Still making sawdust, Maybe make some money....
Reaction score
First name
Colin
You wouldn't believe some of the boxes I get, USPS isn't the only one to wreck them though. I've gotten stuff from UPS that had to get wrapped in plastic the box was so destroyed.....

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
I noticed a lot of the boxes I get are not actually "full of peanuts" as the senders say. They have extra wood but lots of airspace so sharp corners everywhere bouncing around. As a general rule I fill my boxes with wood so that there's no sharp corners. I have lost track of how many boxes of wood I have sent including internationally and I have only ever had probably 3 boxes that have encountered a problem. For the overseas boxes that I cannot fill with wood I do fill them with real packing material to keep the box full and the wood from being able to punch through.

You can't avoid it sometimes no matter what you do, but I have gotten a bunch of damaged boxes and have sent very few. The packing or lack of it is what increases or decreases the odds of it getting damaged.

Treecycle Hardwoods

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Greg
I noticed a lot of the boxes I get are not actually "full of peanuts" as the senders say. They have extra wood but lots of airspace so sharp corners everywhere bouncing around. As a general rule I fill my boxes with wood so that there's no sharp corners. I have lost track of how many boxes of wood I have sent including internationally and I have only ever had probably 3 boxes that have encountered a problem. For the overseas boxes that I cannot fill with wood I do fill them with real packing material to keep the box full and the wood from being able to punch through.

You can't avoid it sometimes no matter what you do, but I have gotten a bunch of damaged boxes and have sent very few. The packing or lack of it is what increases or decreases the odds of it getting damaged.
I do the same thing. Empty space makes it easy for the box to crush in during the transit also. I have gotten to the point of putting useless wood in a box just to back up the cardboard to help prevent a blow out.

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
I have gotten to the point of putting useless wood in a box just to back up the cardboard to help prevent a blow out.

Me too, but even that can backfire. Not long ago a member put some of the junk bits (I had included really nice extras also) up for trade and said I had included these as extras but they were unusable. It was rather offensive - no more extras for him in the future. At all. Sometimes you just can't win. :whatever: