Sold - Cherry pen blanks

ItsForrest

Reaction score
First name
Forrest
These are cut from a some cherry wood planks that sat in a storage shed for over 20 years. These are off cuts from bigger blanks I cut for myself. I don't do pens so maybe there's one or two of you that would like a stock of very well aged cherry wood.

There are two batches. Each batch is 20 1x1 pieces a hair over 5" to about 5-1/2" plus a few longer bits between 6 and 9".
These will ship in a padded USPS flat rate envelope.

$24.65 per batch includes 15 for the wood and 9.65 for postage.

Here's two pictures of batch 1

Batch 1 1.JPG Batch 1 2.JPG

Here's two shots of batch 2

Batch 2 1.JPG Batch 2 2.JPG shipped each batch. 15 for the wood and 9.65 for the postage.

Last edited:

El Guapo

Reaction score
First name
Andrew
Do you have any boards or slabs out of this cherry? I bet there would be some good interest in that!

ItsForrest

Reaction score
First name
Forrest
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No hurry, These have been sitting in a box for a while and I thought I'd put them up here. For right now the pen blanks are the only stuff I know I won't use. When it warms up and the garage is more comfortable to work in, I will have more stuff to share.

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
I know you don't turn pens, so pardon my intrusion but these blanks need pictures of the other sides and each end so a pen turner can determine if they are stable enough to use Batch 1 2~2.JPG
Any cracks or checks can blow apart for a pen turner due to the small amount of material covering the tube. The turner needs to see if there is enough stable wood.

ItsForrest

Reaction score
First name
Forrest
Ok, I've taken more pictures and from more angles. I've tossed a few of the pieces you marked as they had imperfections I didn't catch when I cut them. I also assumed that a bit of CA glue would take care of the odd hairline crack as it often does when I come across them when working on stuff. Some of the marks in the wood are lines in the grain, not cracks. My original thought on this deal was 20 pcs plus a few extras in case there were bad ones I missed. So, Here's new pictures of the new batch 1. One of the long pieces is sugar maple.

Batch 1 1.JPG

Batch 1 2.JPG

Batch 1 3.JPG

Batch 1 4.JPG

Batch 1 5.JPG

Batch 1 6.JPG

Batch 1 7.JPG

Batch 1 8.JPG

Batch 1 9.JPG

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
Excellent pictures! The grain patterns are what make the blanks neat. I wasn't picking the blanks apart. Just pointing out which blanks needed pictures to verify the quality or grain pattern. These pictures ought to help the sale a bit.

ItsForrest

Reaction score
First name
Forrest
Excellent pictures! The grain patterns are what make the blanks neat. I wasn't picking the blanks apart. Just pointing out which blanks needed pictures to verify the quality or grain pattern. These pictures ought to help the sale a bit.
It's all good. You did make me look closer and see a couple pieces I didn't want to pass along.

DWasson

Reaction score
First name
Dan
It looks like both these boxes are still available. Would you take $40 for both shipped?