drunk squirrel and unreal ice fishing!

brown down

Reaction score
First name
jeff
I was laughing at him bouncing through the snow, it prob felt like he was running a marathon only to get a few feet..BTW I really want a black squirrel mounted next to an albino! we have them but never get a shot at them!!

I am still baffled how this happened

Last edited by a moderator:

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
That squirrel one was funny! The guy was laughing so hard he couldn't hold the camera straight.:rofl:

Schroedc

Still making sawdust, Maybe make some money....
Reaction score
First name
Colin
Duck dove down and grabbed his bait?

SENC

Reaction score
First name
Henry
Duck dove down and grabbed his bait?
Yep, or more likely got tangled in the line chasing something else. You could see they weren't far from open water... would be a simple swim for one of those birds. Merganser. Stinky fisheaters.

brown down

Reaction score
First name
jeff
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
thats still a far swim under the ice. I thought it was swimming upstream but now looking back at it swam downstream but still had to go back up if not for the hole. also man they have a brass set being on that ice look at the water not far off to their left not to mention the moving water straight ahead of them!

Greg I think I was laughing just as hard as they were hahaha thats some funny stuff right there!! poor fella prob had one heck of a headache the next morning hahahah I wonder if momma squirrel was saying, look at you, where have you been, you smell like the pub or wheres my fermented apples at hahahah

Kenbo

Self proclaimed expert of nothing
Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Ken
That bird looks more like a lake Loon than a duck. If it is a Loon, they can swim under water for a very long time. In fact, they seem to prefer to travel under water as apposed to on the surface. Probably swimming under water and got snagged by the hook, considering that the hook was in his back.

gman2431

Reaction score
First name
cody
Comorants will also take a minnow.

Never seen it before but have seen these videos and they are hilarious.

brown down

Reaction score
First name
jeff
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
do we have loons in PA I thought they were further north? they make the coolest sound when calling!

pa burl

Reaction score
First name
Brian
For some reason I don't think that was the squirrel first time,lol.:drinks:

I have seagulls and geese eat minnows and a spoon before and its interesting to say the least when it happened.

frankp

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Frank
Looked like a common merganzer, and they can stay submerged for a couple of minutes. That one looked like it got tangled since the hook wasn't really buried and the line was wrapped around it's neck and wing. I'm surprised it survived unless those guys immediately went to check the line as soon as it hit.