*Ended* African Blackwood- nice piece

JD1137

Member
Full Member
Messages
2,493
Reaction score
6,439
Location
Illinois
First name
John
Have this piece of African Blackwood from a log section recently cut-up. Face has one hairline crack (CA) otherwise looks good. A couple end grain cracks (CA). Backside has a shallow void and small crack (CA).
Sapwood hanging on, but very thin. Approx. 8.75 (overall width including sapwood) x 7 x 1 1/8”. Weighs just over 2#. Asking $18 plus shipping.

IMG_7093.webp IMG_7094.webp IMG_7095.webp
 
I am thinking about this piece for a santoku knife blade that I have, but I want this specific portion because of the flutter of vanilla sapwood for the illusion for the ferrule. I just can’t tell whether I can get a clear 1-1/8” square as it is sandwiched between an inclusion and the live edge and the opposite end has a corner check.
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #3
I am thinking about this piece for a santoku knife blade that I have, but I want this specific portion because of the flutter of vanilla sapwood for the illusion for the ferrule. I just can’t tell whether I can get a clear 1-1/8” square as it is sandwiched between an inclusion and the live edge and the opposite end has a corner check.
Hmmm. Can I get you a few additional pics?
 
Back
Top