**ENDED**chinaberry for pen blanks?

WoodLove

If I cant turn it, then it's time to burn it.
Reaction score
First name
Jamie
I had a neighbor trim up his chinaberry tree and I snagged most of the limbs over 1 inch thick. I dont have a lathe and therefore couldnt make a pen if I wanted to. What size do ya need for a pen blank? I have pleny and would be willing to cut them to size for shipping...... In return I would like a nice pen. I also have one piece thats large enough for a bowl blank. I am open for all offers.

WoodLove

Reaction score
First name
Jamie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
WoodLove said:
I had a neighbor trim up his chinaberry tree and I snagged most of the limbs over 1 inch thick. I dont have a lathe and therefore couldnt make a pen if I wanted to. What size do ya need for a pen blank? I have pleny and would be willing to cut them to size for shipping...... In return I would like a nice pen. I also have one piece thats large enough for a bowl blank. I am open for all offers.

i tried to post pics but it wont let me

NCWoodArt

I always get told I have nice wood.
Reaction score
First name
Bill
Sent you a pm. Most pen guys want 3/4" square x 5". I usually try to get 1" square x 5"-6" but that is just so I can use them for stuff other than pens. Most folks would take whatever size you are offering a resaw once they get it especially if you are giving it away & using your time to box up & ship out for small trade.

BIll

WoodLove

Reaction score
First name
Jamie
Bill I just sent an email to you and I think I responded to ur PM. I cant remember........ lol..... about cut my finger off today...... one sneeze and ya end up with 9 fingers...... luckily it was just the tip that got nipped..... I feel my heartbeat in my finger....lololol
aerocustomsexotics said:
Sent you a pm. Most pen guys want 3/4" square x 5". I usually try to get 1" square x 5"-6" but that is just so I can use them for stuff other than pens. Most folks would take whatever size you are offering a resaw once they get it especially if you are giving it away & using your time to box up & ship out for small trade.

BIll

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
WoodLove said:

It will let you - you just have to go through the proper steps. At what point are you having problems?

WoodLove

Reaction score
First name
Jamie
I go to browse, select the pic, click add attachment, and the it says the server cant handle my request.

Kevin said:
WoodLove said:

It will let you - you just have to go through the proper steps. At what point are you having problems?

NCWoodArt

Reaction score
First name
Bill
sounds like your image is too large. Use one of the online picture edit tools & make it smaller. Then try again.

Bill

WoodLove

Reaction score
First name
Jamie
[attachment=13451]

Bill, wood will be on its way to you today. Ill purchase the 5 additional pens as well. I have attached a pic of the wood that u will be receiving. If you would like more chinaberry let me know. I have plenty. If anyone else would like some (it is still green-cut 4 days ago) PM me and we can work a trade. Im open to anything pretty much. I have one piece of chinaberry that could be a bowl..... possibly.

WoodLove

Reaction score
First name
Jamie
For those who may be interested, I will be cutting more of my monkeypod slab out to insert a contrasting piece of wood (prolly birdseye maple). More monkey pod will be available for trade soon......

WoodLove said:
Bill, wood will be on its way to you today. Ill purchase the 5 additional pens as well. I have attached a pic of the wood that u will be receiving. If you would like more chinaberry let me know. I have plenty. If anyone else would like some (it is still green-cut 4 days ago) PM me and we can work a trade. Im open to anything pretty much. I have one piece of chinaberry that could be a bowl..... possibly.

NCWoodArt

Reaction score
First name
Bill
Just so we are on the same page here is what the trade is:

Woodlove gets:
7 pens total

2 monkey pod pens Cigar type
5 mixed batch pens all different styles & woods.
How does 1 cigar, 1 slim line, 1 sierra twist, 1 sierra click, 1 premium celtic knot?

I will use woodlove provided monkey pod for your 2 cigars.
I will use AEROCUSTOMS PROVIDED WOODS: amboyna burl, olive wood, Curly Koa wood, Red Mallee Burl, & Juniper Burl for the 5 for your church friends.

You send the monkey pod wood, some Chinaberry wood & $45.00 paypal for the 5 church pens.

I agree to this trade/sale with Woodlove.
Bill

WoodLove

Reaction score
First name
Jamie
That is our agreement. Thanks for working with me. I appreciate it.

aerocustomsexotics said:

Woodlove gets:
7 pens total

How does 1 cigar, 1 slim line, 1 sierra twist, 1 sierra click, 1 premium celtic knot?

I will use AEROCUSTOMS PROVIDED WOODS: amboyna burl, olive wood, Curly Koa wood, Red Mallee Burl, & Juniper Burl for the 5 for your church friends.

You send the monkey pod wood, some Chinaberry wood & $45.00 paypal for the 5 church pens.

Bill

WoodLove

Reaction score
First name
Jamie
That is our agreement. Thanks for working with me. I appreciate it.

aerocustomsexotics said:

Woodlove gets:
7 pens total

Bill