*ended* Spalted Silver Maple- 6”

JD1137

Member
Full Member
Messages
2,507
Reaction score
6,460
Location
Illinois
First name
John
These are some sweet smaller 6” x 2” (min) Spalted Silver Maple blanks. Asking $10/each plus shipping.
@Jonkou has dibs but might be too thin for his project?

IMG_6750.webp IMG_6751.webp IMG_6752.webp
 
Too bad they're rife with mineral stain since there's some nice looking spalting there.
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #4
Too bad they're rife with mineral stain since there's some nice looking spalting there.
I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder. “It’s natures way”.

I don’t mind it, but then again, I kinda like things that are a bit out of the ordinary. 👍

IMG_6652.webp
 
That piece has great figure and spalting so I could ignore the nasty mineral stain but my own preference is that it not be there. Sadly, it's pretty common in some woods such as soft maple and aromatic red cedar. Had a gorgeous piece of flame box elder once that was spoiled by mineral stain. I've had it in curly hard maple too.
 
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #6
That piece has great figure and spalting so I could ignore the nasty mineral stain but my own preference is that it not be there. Sadly, it's pretty common in some woods such as soft maple and aromatic red cedar. Had a gorgeous piece of flame box elder once that was spoiled by mineral stain. I've had it in curly hard maple too.
I’m gifting that shallow bowl (10”) to a friend who planed some extra wide boards for me.
I hope he likes it (stain or no stain😀)
 
I’m gifting that shallow bowl (10”) to a friend who planed some extra wide boards for me.
I hope he likes it (stain or no stain😀)
I do like those added natural abnormality’s and it fits the whole aura of the piece.
 
Back
Top