**ENDED** Gun Stocks!!!!

Chris S.

Reaction score
First name
Chris
So last week was taking sh!t with wood supplier and he wanted to see if I would put my money where my mouth is when came to a large pile of reject gun stocks for an order he made. Being I am an average male of average intelligence of course I bought them even though have zero need for them. He though there be no way I purchase them all as wife would give me too much crap when I brought them home. What he doesn't realize is she has given up on me long ago and just shakes her head.

What I know about these is they are maple, some have curl some do not. That's all I know. Don't know what gun they cut for or anything like that. Average length is 33"-, average thickness is 2 1/8"-, butt of gun is from 7" to 5" wide and about 13" long.

All other questions I will answer now, you chose answer that best fits your questions: SURE or I AM NOT SURE!

These all are $40 each shipped to you in lower 48. First order gets one from top of stack, next order gets next one and so on. Any with cracks or other areas making them useless will be pulled out and next one will be selected and shipped to you. To many here to catalog. My stupidity, I mean my good fortune, is your good fortune. And when I mean shipped I literally am going to put a shipping label on the wood and ship it to you. No box or nothing. If shippers won't let me do that then will refund your money and just keep at house for projects.

I will try to actually answer any questions you have but more than likely one of the two answers above will be used. I know nothing about gun stocks or these stock blanks.

image.jpeg
image.jpg

Chris S.

Reaction score
First name
Chris
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Tom Smart You hit the nail on the head sir. Guessing you a fan of Dunlap as many of others are. They just finished a huge order, not sure how these became rejects as still nice wood but as you know, they usually have some amazing wood. If you need some let me know being you local make you a special price without shipping.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Chris, you should find out if you can ship like that before you start taking orders.

Chris S.

Reaction score
First name
Chris
@ripjack13 that takes all the fun out of things. Actaully looking into that now but think going to have to stop in UPS tomorrow and find out in person. Figured I won't take money until know for sure, assuming anyone has any interest in these.

rocky1

Creator of Shavings and Sawdust!
Reaction score
First name
Rocky
I may be wrong, but I believe they will require you to wrap them, and honestly that would be a good plan regardless Chris. I'm thinking all you have to wrap them in is stretch wrap and shipping tape.

Will they fit in your lathe? start one end and hit the switch! :saw: :taunt:

Lance s

Reaction score
First name
Lance
Sign me up. I hope you start on the right hand of that stack

Last edited:

Chris S.

Reaction score
First name
Chris
That is the side closest to the door into shop so you should be getting the one on top. I be back to you once I confirm shipping arrangements today.

Tom Smart

Reaction score
First name
Tom
@Tom Smart You hit the nail on the head sir. Guessing you a fan of Dunlap as many of others are. They just finished a huge order, not sure how these became rejects as still nice wood but as you know, they usually have some amazing wood. If you need some let me know being you local make you a special price without shipping.
Yeah, but I haven't been there in some time. I used to head straight for the boxes of cutoffs for turning but his prices have gone up.

Chris S.

Reaction score
First name
Chris
prices have gone up but still some good deals to be had for sure. Sometimes those cutoff boxes have some great finds. I love looking through all the slabs he has dreaming of future products.

rocky1

Reaction score
First name
Rocky
Chris... You have any with decent figure that are cracked or split on the fore end? I have a 45-70 H&R Handi-Rifle I wouldn't mind restocking, and obviously I don't need the full front end of the blank for that. I'm guessing I wouldn't need but about half the front end for that one, and that would save a good one for someone else.

Chris S.

Reaction score
First name
Chris
@rocky1 i will keep my eyes out and let you know. Hoping this weekend I may have moment to pick through pile, keep bland stuff for some other projects i have coming and get some with figure posted up for people that can put these to use I can get them some better pics.

Chris S.

Reaction score
First name
Chris
Okay think I have shipping figured out. PM me your address and will try to get out to you tomorrow between some things I am doing and I will also get you my paypal info.

rocky1

Reaction score
First name
Rocky
:good2: Sounds good Chris, I was just thinking if you have one split on the front end, I could make use of it where others may not be able to. Want one either way, just trying to give you a chance to make the extra $40. If I was real adventuresome I'd do one for the Marlin model 30TK too, but it's borderline collectible the way it is, and I don't know if I want to mess with it. The H&R... :whatever:!! If that one turns out nice, I might do a second one and dress the old Marlin up too.

(Since inquiring minds will want to know... The model 30TK was made exclusively for K-Mart, 1988 - 1990. Actual number produced is vague, estimated there were less than 10,000 of them sold. Built on the Marlin 336 receiver they used the straight "Texan" stock, and shortened the barrel and magazine. Shorter than the standard 336 or Texan carbine by an inch or two it sports an 18 1/2" barrel with 4 round tubular magazine. While sweet shooting guns seem to happen occasionally in all models, some guns are just undeniably fantastic shooters all the way around, and this model is one of those. Even among die hard lever gun shooters on the Marlin Lever Gun forum, no one speaks ill of it. All will tell you it was one of the most accurate lever actions Marlin ever built, and many of those citing it as such have extensive collections of Marlin Lever Guns. The 18 1/2" barrel has something to do with it as a few claim to have shortened barrels on other Marlin 30-30 lever guns they own and have seen improved groups with those as well.

At any rate, I picked it up rather reasonable just because I liked the looks of it, and learned to love it in short order!! But they all had cheap Beech stocks on them from the factory. )

Last edited:

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
Well, once you sort em out, I'll be in line for a nice curly one, like the second one from the left, but more curl please.

I wanna redo my Ithaca m37...

Chris S.

Reaction score
First name
Chris
Sounds good guys see what I can find when I go through the pile. Will post updated pics of the curly ones.

Chris S.

Reaction score
First name
Chris
So week not worked out let to go through pipe but come Sunday morning I should have a spare moment. Shipped first one out other day.

Chris S.

Reaction score
First name
Chris
Finally got a minute to go through some of the pile. Hard to get good pics as DNA evaporates so fast but here are 9 up for sale, some strong curl some not as much. Numbered on end 1-9, if want one let me know. Still $40 each shipped in lower 48.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg