Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yes- I watch this all the time- almost never near me. veneer is in sq. ft and lumber is in bd. ft. These folks know
the difference.

The one that threw me was the picture of the Cherry, looks like lumber to me. Tony

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Hey @Bigdrowdy1 and @Kerry Weeks might want to look into this. I wish I was closer! Tony

http://www.irsauctions.com/index_lots.asp?pg=details&id=21574

Very cool! Wish these types of auctions would occur close to me... Chuck

Has anyone used this website before ?

Do you know if they ship items

I saw that- I think that is Veneer

But :cool: I have some figured makore.....:hi:.............

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
The one that threw me was the picture of the Cherry, looks like lumber to me. Tony

look at ends - if it is lumber it is damn thin. 4th bd over upper right- veneer -also same board- read writing- one bad leaf
373384A.jpg

phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
The prices are unquestionably veneer prices and of course Mike has it right about the bf vs sqft

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Thanks for the lesson Mike, I need to pay more attention. Tony

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Thanks for the lesson Mike, I need to pay more attention. Tony
Best way to learn is to do. I got excited about same ad, until it dawned on me what they were selling. My guess that info omission in ad is by no means accidental.

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
I bought some stuff from an online auction awhile back. I thought they were the rubber feet I use on my cutting boards. Same manufacturer, same packaging, etc. Turned out to be the caps you put on metal chairs, etc. A lot of useless crap for me.....

woodman6415

Reaction score
First name
wendell
On a note from my above post .. I'm banned from bidding through them ... last thing I won was a 36in wide belt sander .. had it crated and shipped .. when I got it .. it had magically turned into a 24" drum sander .. I wouldn't accept shipment .. was told there was a mistake made by riggers/packers and they didn't know who got my sander .. but expected me to accept the one they shipped... said because it was an auction there was a no rerurn policy ... needless to say I got a little upset .. wouldn't take it off truck ... refused to sign paperwork...
had to threaten to take all the info to my lawyer with all pics ... they reluctantly gave my money back and banned me from buying anything else ... worked for me ..

Tony

Hardwood Enthusiast
Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Tony
On a note from my above post .. I'm banned from bidding through them ... last thing I won was a 36in wide belt sander .. had it crated and shipped .. when I got it .. it had magically turned into a 24" drum sander .. I wouldn't accept shipment .. was told there was a mistake made by riggers/packers and they didn't know who got my sander .. but expected me to accept the one they shipped... said because it was an auction there was a no rerurn policy ... needless to say I got a little upset .. wouldn't take it off truck ... refused to sign paperwork...
had to threaten to take all the info to my lawyer with all pics ... they reluctantly gave my money back and banned me from buying anything else ... worked for me ..

Dang Wendell, first the Griizly planer and now this???? You don't do good ordering stuff online man!
:lol2: