Hello All

sprucegum

Reaction score
First name
Dave
I am a full time carpenter and a part time band sawmill operator. I have a maple sugar orchard that has quite a few 200 + year old trees, as they die off or the wind takes them down I process them into lumber. I have a good bit of tap hole maple some of it showing good curly figure. Also have some american Elm and a little cherry. The wood is all green sawed this spring and is well stickered and covered. I expect to be listing wood for sale here by the end of the summer maybe sooner if I can find time to build my solar kiln. Feel free to contact me if you are looking for something. I am located in NE Vermont.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
WELCOME! From Michigan. :welcome2: We like pics here, would love to see your mill and wood stash.:biggrin:

phinds

Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Welcome to the forum. I second the motion for pics. We love pics.

By the way, did anyone mention to you that we love pics here? Well, we do !

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
Welcome! Great looking wood!

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
sprucegum said:
sprucegum said:
NYWoodturner said:
Dave - Welcome from New York!
Scott

here is a few more
Wow this piece is just too cool, it has so much going on in it. I would never cut it, just wipe some oil finish on it and lean it on a wall to look at and touch. :good::good2:

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Welcome aboard! Really nice looking wood! Looking forward to seeing more as you thin your orchard! Chuck

sprucegum

Reaction score
First name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
woodtickgreg said:
sprucegum said:
sprucegum said:
NYWoodturner said:
Dave - Welcome from New York!
Scott

here is a few more
Wow this piece is just too cool, it has so much going on in it. I would never cut it, just wipe some oil finish on it and lean it on a wall to look at and touch. :good::good2:

I have been trying to think of something to do with it. Keeping it as is had crossed my mind but there are more where that came from can't hang them all on the wall.

sprucegum

Reaction score
First name
Dave
Joe Rebuild said:
NICE. welcome from Florida :hi:

Do you ship that yummy syrup too?

I own the land but my son leases the trees from me and is the sugar maker. I get to help for free. He markets quite a bit in 20 gallon wholesale bulk containers and only keeps about 60-70 gallons for local retail sales. I think he is building a web site to help promote his sugaring operation and other Enterprises. I can ask if you are looking for some.

rtriplett

Reaction score
First name
Robert
Hey, quit showing my wood:sarcastic: That wood I am waiting for you to dry!! Oh, and welcome. glad you found this site. some of us lurk here every day. (Some all day)
Robert

sprucegum

Reaction score
First name
Dave
rtriplett said:
Hey, quit showing my wood:sarcastic: That wood I am waiting for you to dry!! Oh, and welcome. glad you found this site. some of us lurk here every day. (Some all day)
Robert

Don't worry I have you down for first pick. Thanks for the tip about this site seems like there are quite a few members here who are pretty serious wood workers.