Hello from north Alabama

Haybale

Reaction score
First name
Jeremy
Would like to say howdy from northeast Alabama. Anybody that fishes I live on Guntersville lake. I have drooled over some wood on this site long enough and am ready to buy. I make turkey calls with my dad. Mostly one piece boxes and pot calls. It is very addicting. and very humbling at what some of you guys can make with a piece of wood. Looking foward to talking with y'all. :thanx:

healeydays

Reaction score
First name
Mike
Welcome from NH

Never did understand why all you guys need turkey calls.

Up here we use turkey go away calls as they are everywhere...

Mike B

gridlockd

Reaction score
First name
John
Good to see another North Alabama woodworker here! I'm on the west side though, over close to Florence. Welcome! There are some good people here, always looking to make a deal or trade! lots of great info too!

Welcome to the addiction!

Haybale

Reaction score
First name
Jeremy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
healeydays said:
Welcome from NH

Never did understand why all you guys need turkey calls.

Up here we use turkey go away calls as they are everywhere...

Mike B

Location and permission and I can work on your problem. :rotflmao3:

Haybale

Reaction score
First name
Jeremy
gridlockd said:
Good to see another North Alabama woodworker here! I'm on the west side though, over close to Florence. Welcome! There are some good people here, always looking to make a deal or trade! lots of great info too!

Welcome to the addiction!

Small world ain't it. You make calls?

SENC

Reaction score
First name
Henry
Welcome, haybale! Are you JK from THO? If so, just saw your post over there so decided to check and see if I saw an intro. Respond to this and you'll have your 5th post, which should unlock private messaging and all the WB buying/selling/trading goodness. If you're still having issues, post in the site help section and Kevin or one of the moderators or a helpful member will be along shortly.

Haybale

Reaction score
First name
Jeremy
SENC said:
Welcome, haybale! Are you JK from THO? If so, just saw your post over there so decided to check and see if I saw an intro. Respond to this and you'll have your 5th post, which should unlock private messaging and all the WB buying/selling/trading goodness. If you're still having issues, post in the site help section and Kevin or one of the moderators or a helpful member will be along shortly.

Yes that's me. Yesterday it was still Saying I needed an activation email when I checked today I was logged in so I don't know what happened

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Welcome Jeremy. Glad to have you here. Alabama is one of my "God States". If I didn't live in Texas I'd probably live In Alabama, Arkansas, or Tennessee.

:welcome2:

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
barry richardson said:
Howdy!:hi: Hey, someone must be using a turkey-caller call around here:sarcastic:

Now that's funny!:lolol:

Welcome, Jeremy!

gridlockd

Reaction score
First name
John
Haybale said:
Small world ain't it. You make calls?

Never tried my hand at it, I've seen some of the stuff the guys here post, I don't know that i could hold a candle to the beautiful work i've seen! I do some turning, bowls, lidded boxes, pens, bottlestoppers, etc. do some flat work too, mostly small boxes and small stuff.

Steelart99

Reaction score
First name
Dan
I was born and raised in Huntsville but live in Colorado now. Loved NE Alabama! Welcome
Dan

Patrude

Reaction score
First name
Rich
Haybale said:
Would like to say howdy from northeast Alabama. Anybody that fishes I live on Guntersville lake. I have drooled over some wood on this site long enough and am ready to buy. I make turkey calls with my dad. Mostly one piece boxes and pot calls. It is very addicting. and very humbling at what some of you guys can make with a piece of wood. Looking foward to talking with y'all. :thanx:

:welcome2: aboard Jeremy from South Eastern Massachusetts. You'll like it here, good folks, good conversation and lots of good wood to be found here. Ther's a few here that turn hand made lures which you will find interesting. :hi2: