How to ship first class packages

Treecycle Hardwoods

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Hi there I had been using Stamps.com as an easy way to ship small pieces of wood like pen blanks, knive scales/blocks, etc... I liked the cheaper option on low weight packages. I learned today that stamps.com charges and monthly subscription fee (learned the hard way) after a rant session with them they refused to offer a refund so I called my credit card company and got it that way after canceling my account with stamps.com Needless to say I am looking for a way to print postage online for a first class package. I can't seem to find the option of USPS.com am I missing something? Any ideas or suggestions would be great!

Drgam

Reaction score
First name
Dana
Greg, you can do it through PayPal if the buyer pays you that way. I have not found a way through USPS for First Class, just Priority.

Treecycle Hardwoods

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Greg, you can do it through PayPal if the buyer pays you that way. I have not found a way through USPS for First Class, just Priority.
HMM I will have to look the next time i get into a situation like that. I always thought that you could only do priority thru pp also. Thanks for the heads up I will look closer at it next time I ship using pp.

Schroedc

Still making sawdust, Maybe make some money....
Reaction score
First name
Colin
Another option is a postal scale and stamps.....

NewtoSUP

Reaction score
First name
Sean
In PayPal its under "Multiorder Shipping" even if its not paid for with PayPal you can still purchase a shipping label there.

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
You can print parcel via PP also, but unless it's real heavy parcel is not usually much less than priority, and sometimes even more. And it is never less expensive than FEDEX with an account.

ChrisK

Reaction score
First name
Christos
What's interesting with First class is the irregular shape of packaging vs. the Priority packages constraints.
Last year Greg shipped me some wood this way and I could spare a lot of money and hassle.

Tclem

Can't buy love. Buy wood instead
Reaction score
First name
Tony
Yes if they pay you through pp then you can print first class from pp. I uae it every day for hair sticks.