Koa and Sapele Cane

Jasonparadis

Reaction score
First name
Jason
My first for a cane, under the tutelage of @Don Ratcliff. One of the last island raids before he packed it up to the mainland :-) Beautiful koa burl for the handle and a matching insert halfway down the shaft, sapele for the shaft itself. Thrilled with the results!

Cane 1.jpg

Cane 2.jpg

Cane 3.jpg

Cane 4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
Nicely done. You hanging back to shuttle supplies to the islander when he embarks to the real world where koa no longer grows on trees?
Looks like we still get to keep a token Islander here on WB.

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Decadent! You have big shoes to fill now that Don is a Mainlander! Keep the projects rolling and the photos flowing! Chuck

Jasonparadis

Reaction score
First name
Jason
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nicely done. You hanging back to shuttle supplies to the islander when he embarks to the real world where koa no longer grows on trees?
Looks like we still get to keep a token Islander here on WB.
He's definitely hoping so! Happy to remain the token Islander for now. Thanks!

Don Ratcliff

I'm now a Texiian
Reaction score
First name
Don
Silly islander, he doesn't know to take pictures of koa in full sunlight and not on a cloudy day to really see the glow of that wood.

I guess he wants us mainlanders to not get overly excited about it and try to cross the moat to steal his koa. I suppose it makes sense to take a pic like that... :sofa:

chatometry

Reaction score
First name
Paolo
take pictures of koa in full sunlight and not on a cloudy day to really see the glow of that wood.
Agreed 100%. Also one single light source in a large dark room works.

Beautiful cane - Sapele and Koa are some of the most chatoyant stuff you can get!