Laser Guide

rocky1

Creator of Shavings and Sawdust!
Reaction score
First name
Rocky
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would think on a hand held tool, with the additional weight floppin around up there it might be. Is it an issue that might improve on a hollowing system where it was locked down Marc, or is construction of the laser guide itself inadequate?

ironman123

Reaction score
First name
Ray
I bought one from them about a month ago, Haven't used it yet though.

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
I would think on a hand held tool, with the additional weight floppin around up there it might be. Is it an issue that might improve on a hollowing system where it was locked down Marc, or is construction of the laser guide itself inadequate?

It's a neat concept. But since it clamps onto the tool only, it is not accurate. it's ok for roughing out. But getting fine consistent wall thickness in the vessel is hard to achieve with it. The laser dot, is not small, it needs to focused into a smaller "dot", to get more accurate results also. Any chatter on the lathe or project transfers to the tool and then the laser, and it looks like a laser show at a pink floyd concert....

rocky1

Creator of Shavings and Sawdust!
Reaction score
First name
Rocky
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kinda what I suspected might improve with a hollowing system and tool locked down some, if that's the case but door size seems it would still be an issue.