Mid Columbia Wood Turners (Washington State) wood swap

William Tanner

Reaction score
First name
Bill
I'm the president of Mid Columbia Wood Turners (Washington State) and the board has been discussing having a wood swap late summer or early fall. Of course it depends on Covid and the recommendations of the county health department at the time. The club's secretary has a farm and is one of the two locations where we hold meetings. Seven RV hookups are available with plenty of room for other camping and where people can set out their wood for the outside two day event. In Addition, folks are encouraged to bring tools they want to trade or sell.

Our board met this morning on zoom and elected to move forward with planning the event. We plan to keep it a rather small event for this year. If we have another swap in 2022 it may include comercial vendors and a turning demo. We will see how this year goes. The next step is to set up a zoom meeting with about eight other clubs in the region to discuss and plan the event. The initial ideas for a swap occurred when a club on the coast was interested in wood from our area. Our clubs actually traded some wood last fall.

We talked about many details at this mornings meeting to include food vendors. Just so happned that this afternoon the wife and I were headed to town and saw a new vendor cart in a neighbors driveway. He isn't a member of the club but does turn calls. The neighbor, who is starting the vending and catering business, is interested in setting up for club meetings and special events such as Wood Swat 2021.

High Voltage Catering.jpeg

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Let me know. I might come down with a load of wood for a day. could bring a trailer of wood. would love to meet
some of the folks I have talked to for years. go ahead and contact me privately.

Last edited:

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
Sounds like a great time, and a great idea, wish I. Was closer....

Nature Man

Reaction score
First name
Chuck
Terrific idea! It is time to come up with creative ideas like this if woodworking clubs are to survive! Chuck

William Tanner

Reaction score
First name
Bill
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Let me know. I might come down with a load of wood for a day. could bring a trailer of wood. would love to meet
some of the folks I have talked to for years. go ahead and contact me privat
Sounds like a great time, and a great idea, wish I. Was closer....
I would like that as well.