Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
greg thanks for those last comments. My wife and i have been moved to stillness several time in recent years by our visits to the world trade center site. I hope we all never forget that fateful day that changed everything . there are no words!!! cl
I have to go back to see the reflecting ponds, maybe in the summer.

davebug

Reaction score
First name
david
The only thing I think he failed at is delivering a Coney Island hot dog. Greg did you get one of those famous Coney Island dogs? Coney Island is in New York right?

Coney Island is indeed in NYC down in Brooklyn, the dogs are ok not nearly the best in NYC kind of fun to see them during the busy times though with 40 or 50 cash registers open and ringing people up. I think the best dog is greys papaya, grilled on tinfoil to almost burnt in a natural casing that gives a good snap, with papaya sauce of coarse.

I will try and take a few pics of my "shop" this week so you can see how us space constrained try to work.

rdnkmedic

WB Addict
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
What a thread. I too feel like I visited NY and your sister. Thanks Greg. I really enjoyed this. I've never been to NY but visited Washington DC once. Came upon the Korean War Memorial right at dusk. I thought I had walked into a squad of real soldiers on patrol. Very real looking bronze statues walking on patrol. And it was dusk before the lights came on. It felt real and was very emotional. Probably the artists intentions. Glad you had a good and safe trip.

davebug

Reaction score
First name
david
While here is a couple shots of my Brooklyn apartment workshop shared with computers, storage, cat stuff, and work out equipment. The bandsaw tucks nicely into the closet and some before and afters of the lathe and workbench I built. The workbench is on casters so it can be moved around and used as server or drink station when we have a party. The dust collector is in the closet and I have various other tools stashed around. It is kind of a pain in the butt some times but you do what you have to do when space is tight.
002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
Knowing how tight space is in a NY apartment, that's amazing. What a great set up. One thing I have learned about you new yorkers is how everything has a place in your apartments. So glad you showed how its done! Dave I really enjoyed meeting you, I wish we all had more time to spend at our meeting, it was fun.

woodtickgreg

scroll, flat, spin
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Greg
My sis sent me a couple of pics the other day. Sir Elton wrote and produced the play Billy Elliot, my sis played the part of the grand mother. So she got to meet Sir Elton. I thought this was kinda cool and I'm proud of her so I wanted to share.

DSC01335.jpg DSC01336.jpg