Oversize shipping (non flat-rate)

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
@rob3232 and I were discussing shipping methods and costs and I figured I would share what I found. For a package just under 22 lbs measuring 6x18x28
Fedex was 33.52
Usps was 33.65
Ups was 34.56
This is today's prices. Next week the prices may change. YMMV. I hear usps is talking of up charging for any number of reasons including not having measurements listed on your package. An over size package could have 20 dollars or more in surcharges according to the article I was reading. I didn't ask my local to verify.

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
We have used fed ex for years. Had a biz account. We stopped using them. Not even close to UPS through paypal.

2feathers Creative Making

Reaction score
First name
Frank
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I reckon, I need to get set up as a real business with a business PayPal account and such like. I haven't really been trying to make money on this stuff so far. Just mainly covering shipping charges and packaging costs. If I don't start showing profit soon, my.lovely wife may shut my sawmill fun down.

rob3232

Reaction score
First name
Rob
@Mike1950 I am curious if I can use PayPal to print a label if someone sends funds for friends and family? I never ask for that but some people just send funds that way. I also haven't used UPS yet so any tips would be greatly appreciated:yipee:

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
@Mike1950 I am curious if I can use PayPal to print a label if someone sends funds for friends and family? I never ask for that but some people just send funds that way. I also haven't used UPS yet so any tips would be greatly appreciated:yipee:
Yes

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Update on UPS- we are on second month using UPS through paypal. Rates are very competitive- even cheaper than USPS. No glitches yet. If anyone has not switched you are spending money you do not have to.