Pussycats

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
Today in the MSN crap on my computer was this article entitled, "15 States Where Bobcats Continue To Thrive". Since I'm a I'm a "Female cat" lover":sofa:, I just had to see if Arizona made the list. There were a bunch of absolutely beautiful photos of Bobcats. Everything was going good until I saw this one in the top picture below.
Guess what state this one is from
1711591517255.jpeg

then guess where this one resides.
1711591725996.jpeg
................. Nubs

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I only did this for fun, but was TOTALLY surprised when I read down to the two words, "Female cat". I guarantee that is not what I posted as it was more like the title. No complaints, but surprised how fast my words were edited to the female cat description. ............. Nubs

trc65

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Beautiful cats. Neither of those pics look like any terrain around here, but suppose the rock in the second one could be on some of the bluffs along the Mississippi to the north.

We've got some in our vicinity that have been caught on game cameras just a few miles to the east, but say they are more common a little south and west of us, closer to the Mississippi. Probably competing with all the coyotes, of which we have an abundance.

Last edited:

ripjack13

ɹǝʇɹɐqpooʍ
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Marc
I only did this for fun, but was TOTALLY surprised when I read down to the two words, "Female cat". I guarantee that is not what I posted as it was more like the title. No complaints, but surprised how fast my words were edited to the female cat description. ............. Nubs
Thats the swear filter at work.

barry richardson

Staff member
Global Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Barry
They have established themselves in a couple of golf course communities near here, they love the rabbits...

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
We have a lot of them. We have a lot of snowshoe rabbits, turkeys and mice. I get pics of yotes with turkeys quite often.

20230101_084321.jpg

Screenshot_20230105_153311_Gallery.jpg

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
That cat is colored up beautifully!
115 pics of that cat in that session- caught and played with 3 mice. this one she blasted right after this frame out in the deep snow and lost it. Quickly caught another and started playing again. We call this our predator camera. more on this camera then all the rest put together. Bear- wolf-lion- yotes and lots of bobcats. And the other funny thing- 100-150 feet from our power pole. virtually nothing behind us for miles...

DLJeffs

Reaction score
First name
Doug
Pretty sure the the cat in the bottom pic is from a northern state, or at least someplace where it snows. Very thick dense pelt and fuzzy feet. The upper pic I would bet was a warmer climate, or at least a summer cat. Much tanner than most bobcats I've seen.

While we're talking about cats, article in the paper the other day said a puma attacked two young men, one 18, one 22. Killed the older one. Can't remember where, eastern Oregon or Wash I think. The 18 year old called 911. When wardens got back to the scene they found and euthanized the cat, it was guarding the older man's body. They said the cat was healthy and weighed 90 lbs. Not a very big cat to attack two adult men like that. Must be more to that story.

Last edited:

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Pretty sure the the cat in the bottom pic is from a northern state, or at least someplace where it snows. Very thick dense pelt and fuzzy feet. The upper pic I would bet was a warmer climate, or at least a summer cat. Much tanner than most bobcats I've seen.

While we're talking about cats, article in the paper the other day said a puma attacked two young men, one 18, one 22. Killed the older one. Can't remember where, eastern Oregon or Wash I think. The 18 year old called 911. When wardens got back to the scene they found and euthanized the cat, it was guarding the older man's body. They said the cat was healthy and weighed 90 lbs. Not a very big cat to attack two adult men like that.
I think Colorado

Nubsnstubs

Where is it???
Reaction score
First name
Jerry
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok, when I was clicking on the pictures of the cats' locations, all were absolutely gorgeous, running through snow, brush, and jumping off or onto a large boulder. Then, I got to cat #1 in the first post. When I saw the panting and tongue hanging out somewhat, I saw Arizona as the cats state, I had to laugh. We are known for being hot, but I've seen them in snow panting like it was summer.
Anyway, that's why I posted it and the other is from Kentucky. Thanks for commenting. ......... Nubs