Smoking Pipe Stand for my Birthday

JerseyHighlander

Reaction score
First name
Kyle
Connor @Bear Custom Builds, has been secretly working on something in the basement the past couple weeks coming up to my birthday today. Quite an impressive piece of work, to display his other impressive works.

The base is a slightly spalted hard Maple Maple crotch rescued from a tree my neighbor had taken down. The top piece is a beautiful piece of Tarara Amarillo, also known as Canarywood. Hopefully not made from real Canary's.

Let the drooling commence.

IMG_5445.JPG

IMG_E5448.JPG

My photography skills aren't doing this part justice. The wood is stunning and the handworked organic shape makes it even better.
IMG_E5449.JPG

JerseyHighlander

Reaction score
First name
Kyle
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He's a talented kid, that's for sure and the way he gets motivated by beautiful wood, just warms the heart.
The other factor, I guess I always just assume everyone knows but really shouldn't, not a single electron was harmed during the making of this work of art. He sawed that crotch in half and then into a plank with his newly reworked handsaw. Then planed and scraped it flat and smooth. I know that much cause he couldn't help showing me the grain and spalting when he opened it up. Then he tells me he can't tell me what he's doing with it...

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Beautiful wood and use of it. Love those pipes. Makes me think of Gramps And his can and the smell of Velvet Tabaco

JerseyHighlander

Reaction score
First name
Kyle
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter