Snow rain icy roads . .

healeydays

Reaction score
First name
Mike
Just another beautiful slippery day in New Hampshire. Getting about a foot of the white stuff today.

My in-laws from AZ aren't overly excited about it though. Guess their blood has thinned out a bit too much from all the sun...

12-27-2012 11-22-45 AM.jpg

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
About another inch here this morning. My buddy the moose was back in yard overnight.

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mike1950 said:
I do not know where all these northern drivers come from in Texas ditchs but our son came up from Texas. He has a very racy Mustang. First thing he does is gets stuck. Explains how good his tires are. May be good but not worth a darn in the snow is what I told him. But alas he is young, knows it all, engineer and stubborn as a mule. I told him what to do- he ignored me. But when he almost took out the fence and was still stuck he came in and told me that was a crummy spot for a fence. Finally asked for help- which ended in a discussion telling me how and what we needed to do. I ignored him and we got it out. Also informed him were he should park -of course he did not listen . 20 minutes later he was stuck again- needed dad. Finally he parked where he should have. Us northerners are in luck though - he is headed back to Texas.- and ma and I have peace again. :dash2::dash2::dash2: Please someone tell me that they do not stay teenagers their whole life:dash2::dash2::dash2::scare3::scare3::help::help:

Sounds like a "son-of-Mike" problem not a "Texan" problem. :pleasantry:
:rotflmao3::rotflmao3::rotflmao3:

Now where was this engineer born and reared, and where did he learn to drive? :mocking:

:wasntme:

:lolol:

healeydays

Reaction score
First name
Mike
Mike1950 said:
I do not know where all these northern drivers come from in Texas ditchs but our son came up from Texas. He has a very racy Mustang. First thing he does is gets stuck. Explains how good his tires are. May be good but not worth a darn in the snow is what I told him. But alas he is young, knows it all, engineer and stubborn as a mule. I told him what to do- he ignored me. But when he almost took out the fence and was still stuck he came in and told me that was a crummy spot for a fence. Finally asked for help- which ended in a discussion telling me how and what we needed to do. I ignored him and we got it out. Also informed him were he should park -of course he did not listen . 20 minutes later he was stuck again- needed dad. Finally he parked where he should have. Us northerners are in luck though - he is headed back to Texas.- and ma and I have peace again. :dash2::dash2::dash2: Please someone tell me that they do not stay teenagers their whole life:dash2::dash2::dash2::scare3::scare3::help::help:

Wow, that type of conversation sounds identical to mine with our 18 year old. Funny how they always know everything till they don't...

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Actually he was born in....... Houston Texas-so it is for sure an environmental problem. :rotflmao3::rotflmao3::rotflmao3::rotflmao3:
Dan is brilliant buttttttttttttt we have butted heads from the get go- he was 15-6.1 200 lbs me 5'10 155- we went nose to nose for 4 years as to who would be boss- then he went to the Naval Academy- they tried but he was too bullheaded for them also. Ya love them but sometimes I really wonder how I survived being as stupid as I am...............................:help::help::help::help:

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
Kathie always says if they stayed as cute and lovable 4 yr olds you could never let them go. When we got together there were 5 teenagers between us and I have the grey hair to prove it. Insanity- is an understatement for our house for 5 yrs...................

davidgiul

Reaction score
First name
David
Mike1950 said:
Kathie always says if they stayed as cute and lovable 4 yr olds you could never let them go. When we got together there were 5 teenagers between us and I have the grey hair to prove it. Insanity- is an understatement for our house for 5 yrs...................
The kids probably prepped you for running your plastering business or maybe it was the other way around.

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
davidgiul said:
Mike1950 said:
The kids probably prepped you for running your plastering business or maybe it was the other way around.

Or maybe he was so plastered from rearing ornery kids he could barely run his business at times. :pleasantry:

:sarcastic:

davidgiul

Reaction score
First name
David
Kevin said:
davidgiul said:
Mike1950 said:

Or maybe he was so plastered from rearing ornery kids he could barely run his business at times. :pleasantry:

:sarcastic:
All the plasters that I have ever known needed some alcohol to get thru the day.:davidguil:

Mike1950

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Mike
I think both jobs prepared me for each other. Being the boss of 30-50 people has it's challenges. Myself having some difficulties as a teenager
( Understatement of the Year)- It prepared me and set me up to try to "save" all kinds of young people. Now when you attempt such a thing you had better be prepared for some failures. I have a hard time with failure but you can lead a horse to water........
Now plasterers can drink and participate in all sorts of mind altering substances........ And sometimes one of them would end up in trouble with the law. The line was always the same if it wasn't for the GD stupid cop everything would have been fine and there would be no problems. Now this is when my long term guys used to start laughing under their breath.
I would start giving them the lecture which started with go into the bathroom there and look to the north and you will be looking the A H in the mirror that is causing all your problems. Now the young men that took it in stride- everyone laughing- had a chance- the ones that got mad were soon working elsewhere.................

kweinert

Reaction score
First name
Ken
Mike1950 said:
IPlease someone tell me that they do not stay teenagers their whole life:dash2::dash2::dash2::scare3::scare3::help::help:

Did you stay a teenager your whole life?

Hmmm, sorry, bad example.

Some manage to outgrow that stage anyhow.

:rotflmao3::rotflmao3::rotflmao3::rotflmao3::rotflmao3: