Self proclaimed expert of nothing
Staff member
Global Moderator
Founding Member
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
Ken
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My mother is, how shall we say, vertically challenged and quite often, she needs a little boost to reach things in the cupboards. Years ago, I made her a stool that she uses all the time and just loves. She asked me to make her another one for her house on the east coast. How could I say no? She wanted it made out of pine, but I just couldn't do it. So I made this walnut and maple version. I hope she likes it.
[attachment=6262]

[attachment=6263]

[attachment=6264]

IMG_0976.jpg

IMG_0977.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

Brink

There's nothing to see here
Founding Member
Reaction score
First name
Brink
Way nice, Ken. And a handle, too. Good for balance, and won't have to stoop to move the stool, or soccer kick it like Moma Brink does with hers.

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
That's super Ken. Love the design and contrasting colors. Good thing she didn't have one when you were just a yewt. She would have snapped that handle off in a jif and paddled your bee-hind right fast. Just too handy!

P.S. Do not make one for Mrs. Kenbo if she she's this post it'll give her ideas. Oh wait, an idea you might like!

:mocking:

:rotflmao3:

Kevin

Wood is good.
Reaction score
First name
Kevin
Oh BTW you did not show the bottom we need to see what you did under there. Some woodworkers hide stuff like pocket screws and stuff.

:noway:

:shame:

DKMD

Sawbones
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Forum Moderator
Reaction score
First name
David
Nicely done... How could she not like it?!

hardtwist

Reaction score
First name
Mike
Super cool! But there should be a law against a workshop that clean and organized!

CodyS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
hardtwist said:
Super cool! But there should be a law against a workshop that clean and organized!

they have a name for this 'Kenbo Clean', although it is weird we 'manage to deal with the glare from all the shiny surfaces to look at his awesome work :biggrin::good2:

Really nicely done as always ken and good move on not using pine only bigcat would do that. Seriously though it looks SWEEEEEET!!!

davidgiul

Reaction score
First name
David
hardtwist said:
I agree with you on this one Hardtwist. No wonder he freaked out when he saw my clean shop.